Iran launches retaliatory strikes across Middle East, dozens dead

Spread the love

This work by Middle East Monitor is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.

Smoke rises after Iran carried out a missile strike on the main headquarters of the U.S. Navy’s 5th Fleet in Manama in retaliation against US-Israeli attacks, in Bahrain February 28, 2026. [Stringer – Anadolu Agency]

Iran launched retaliatory missile and drone strikes over the weekend against eight countries across the Middle East, killing dozens and wounding hundreds, as a second day of explosions shook the region following joint US-Israeli military operations against Tehran, Anadolu reports.

So far, Iranian strikes have hit Bahrain, Iraq, Jordan, Kuwait, Oman, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, and the United Arab Emirates. Inside Iran, the Iranian Red Crescent reported at least 201 people killed and 747 injured from US-Israeli attacks that began Saturday.

In Israel, nine Israelis were killed in an Iranian missile strike that directly hit a building in Beit Shemesh in west Jerusalem on Sunday.

The US also reported casualties, with US Central Command confirming three service members killed and five “seriously wounded” since the start of attacks against Iran.

The strikes took a toll across the Gulf. The United Arab Emirates reported that three people from Pakistan, Nepal and Bangladesh were killed, while 58 people of different nationalities were injured in Iranian missile and drone strikes following a US-Israeli attack on Iran.

Kuwait’s Health Ministry also said that one person was killed and 32 others were injured amid the current regional escalation.

READ: Gulf bloc set to hold emergency meeting on Sunday amid US-Iran conflict

In Qatar, the number of injuries rose to 16 following retaliatory strikes by Iran, officials announced.

Iraq reported two dead and three wounded in a strike on the Jurf al-Nasr area of Babil province.

In Bahrain, an Iranian drone struck Bahrain International Airport, causing material damage but no casualties, the Bahraini Ministry of Interior reported.

In the capital, Manama, a separate kamikaze drone hit a building on Al-Ma’arid Street. Images circulating on social media showed smoke rising from the site, though authorities have not yet released information on potential injuries or fatalities.

In Oman, five people were injured in two separate incidents — four aboard a Palau-flagged oil tanker struck north of Khasab Port, and one foreign worker hurt in a drone attack on Duqm Port.

No casualties were reported in Jordan or Saudi Arabia.

The US and Israel launched an attack on Iran on Saturday, killing several top Iranian leaders, including Supreme Leader Ayatollah Ali Khamenei. Tehran retaliated with a series of drone and missile attacks that targeted Israel, US assets and several Gulf countries.

This came after an earlier wave of attacks by Tel Aviv and Washington in June last year, triggering a 12-day war before a ceasefire was announced.

READ: Qatar, Saudi Arabia condemn Iranian attacks on Oman as ‘unacceptable escalation’

Orcas discuss Donald Trump and the killer apes' concept of democracy. Front Orca warns that Trump is crashing his country's economy and that everything he does he does for the fantastically wealthy.
Orcas discuss Donald Trump and the killer apes’ concept of democracy. Front Orca warns that Trump is crashing his country’s economy and that everything he does he does for the fantastically wealthy.
Donald Fuhrump says that Amerikkka doesn't bother with crimes or charges anymore, not being 100% Amerikkkan and opposing his real estate intentions is enough.
Donald Fuhrump says that Amerikkka doesn’t bother with crimes or charges anymore, not being 100% Amerikkkan and opposing his real estate intentions is enough.
Orcas discuss rotting brain. Front Orca says "Wish someone would lock him up".
Orcas discuss rotting brain. Front Orca says “Wish someone would lock him up”.

Continue ReadingIran launches retaliatory strikes across Middle East, dozens dead

Qatar, Saudi Arabia condemn Iranian attacks on Oman as ‘unacceptable escalation’

Spread the love

This work by Middle East Monitor is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.

Smoke trails are seen in the sky over Jerusalem as missiles launched from Iran following the Iranian Armed Forces’ announcement of a new wave of missile and drone attacks targeting Israel and U.S. interests in the region on March 01, 2026. [Gazi Samad – Anadolu Agency]

Qatar and Saudi Arabia on Sunday condemned Iranian attacks on Oman’s Duqm commercial port and an oil tanker off the country’s coast as “a violation” of Omani sovereignty and “an unacceptable escalation,” Anadolu reports.

In a statement, the Qatari Foreign Ministry expressed its “strong condemnation of the Iranian attacks that targeted Duqm commercial port in the sisterly Sultanate of Oman and an oil tanker off its coast,” describing the attacks as “a violation of the Sultanate’s sovereignty, an unacceptable escalation, and a cowardly targeting of a country playing an active mediation role.”

The ministry said Oman has been engaged in efforts to mediate between Iran and the international community “to defuse tensions and promote constructive dialogue to resolve outstanding issues.”

Qatar affirmed its “full solidarity” with Oman in all measures it takes to preserve its sovereignty, security, and stability, the statement added.

The Saudi Foreign Ministry also denounced Iran’s “blatant violation” of Oman’s sovereignty, reiterating the kingdom’s “full solidarity” with Muscat.

READ: Gulf countries condemn ‘Iranian’ attacks on UAE, Qatar, Bahrain, Kuwait, Jordan

A ministry statement said that the kingdom “is putting all its capabilities” at Oman’s disposal, and warned of the consequences of Iran’s “continued violation of the sovereignty of states, which undermines the security and stability of the region.”

Riyadh called on the international community “to take firm positions and measures against Iranian violations.”

Oman’s Maritime Security Center said early Sunday that four people were injured in an attack on a Palau-flagged oil tanker north of Khasab Port. A foreign worker was also injured after two drones hit Duqm commercial port on Oman’s eastern coast.

Oman has repeatedly served as a mediator in indirect nuclear negotiations between the US and Iran.

The US and Israel launched an attack on Iran on Saturday, with Tehran staging retaliatory missile and drone strikes.

Iran on Sunday confirmed the death of Supreme Leader Ayatollah Ali Khamenei and several top officials in Israeli and US attacks on the country.

READ: Gulf bloc set to hold emergency meeting on Sunday amid US-Iran conflict

This work by Middle East Monitor is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.

Orcas discuss how Trump was re-elected and him being an obviously insane, xenophobic Fascist.
Orcas discuss how Trump was re-elected and him being an obviously insane, xenophobic Fascist.
Donald Trump explains why he established his Bored of Peace
Donald Trump explains why he established his Bored of Peace
Orcas discuss rotting brain. Front Orca says "Wish someone would lock him up".
Orcas discuss rotting brain. Front Orca says “Wish someone would lock him up”.

Continue ReadingQatar, Saudi Arabia condemn Iranian attacks on Oman as ‘unacceptable escalation’

Oman’s Foreign Minister Said US-Iran Deal Was ‘Within Our Reach.’ Then Trump Started Bombing

Spread the love

Original article by Jake Johnson republished form Common Dreams under Creative Commons (CC BY-NC-ND 3.0).

Oman’s foreign minister, Badr Albusaidi, looks on during an event on November 5, 2025 in Madrid, Spain. (Photo by Pablo Blazquez Dominguez/Getty Images)

“The Omani FM decided to go public,” suggested one observer, “so that the American people knew that peace was within reach when Trump instead opted for war.”

Hours before President Donald Trump announced his decision to bomb Iran and pursue the overthrow of its government, the foreign minister of Oman appeared, in person, on one of the most prominent US television news programs to declare that a diplomatic breakthrough was possible.

“I can see that the peace deal is within our reach,” Badr Albusaidi, the mediator of recent talks between the US and Iran, told “Face the Nation” host Margaret Brennan on Friday. “I’m asking to continue this process because we have already achieved quite a substantial progress in the direction of a deal. And the heart of this deal is very important, and I think we have captured that heart.”

RECOMMENDED…

Explosions-In-Tehran

‘Bombs Will Be Dropping Everywhere’: Trump Launches Illegal Regime Change War Against Iran

Iran Marks 47th Anniversary Of Iranian Revolution, Amid Mounting Tensions With US

US Warship Downs Iranian Drone, Heightening Risk of ‘Illegal and Catastrophic War’

Pressed for specifics, Albusaidi said that Iran committed during the talks to renounce the possibility of amassing “nuclear material that will create a bomb”—a pledge that Trump claimed Iran refused to make as part of his justification for Saturday’s strikes.

“This is something that is not in the old deal that was negotiated during President Obama’s time,” Albusaidi said, referring to the 2015 nuclear accord that Trump ditched during his first term in the White House. “This is something completely new. It really makes the enrichment argument less relevant, because now we are talking about zero stockpiling. And that is very, very important, because if you cannot stockpile material that is enriched, then there is no way you can actually create a bomb, whether you enrich or don’t enrich. And I think this is really something that has been missed a lot by the media, and I want to clarify that from the standpoint of a mediator.”

“There is no accumulation, so there would be zero accumulation, zero stockpiling, and full verification,” the Omani foreign minister continued. “Full and comprehensive verification by the [International Atomic Energy Agency].”

In a social media post following the interview, Albusaidi reiterated that a deal “is now within reach” and implored all parties to “support the negotiators in closing the deal.” Prior to Saturday’s attacks, additional US-Iran talks were scheduled for next week.

Watch the full segment, which critics highlighted as evidence that the US-Israeli attacks on Saturday were aimed at forestalling a diplomatic resolution:

Trita Parsi, executive vice president of the US-based Quincy Institute for Responsible Statecraft, wrote in response to Albusaidi’s remarks that “the Omanis are famously cautious.”

“The Omani FM going on CBS to reveal what has actually been achieved in the negotiations is quite unprecedented. And what has been achieved is significant—Trump can indeed declare victory. Listen to this segment—it goes way beyond what Obama achieved,” Parsi wrote. “But everything indicates that Trump won’t take yes for an answer. That he will start a war of choice very soon.”

“Which is probably why the Omani FM decided to go public,” Parsi added. “So that the American people knew that peace was within reach when Trump instead opted for war.”

According to one survey released earlier this month, just 21% of Americans support “the United States initiating an attack on Iran under the current circumstances.”

Original article by Jake Johnson republished form Common Dreams under Creative Commons (CC BY-NC-ND 3.0).

Orcas discuss Donald Trump and the killer apes' concept of democracy. Front Orca warns that Trump is crashing his country's economy and that everything he does he does for the fantastically wealthy.
Orcas discuss Donald Trump and the killer apes’ concept of democracy. Front Orca warns that Trump is crashing his country’s economy and that everything he does he does for the fantastically wealthy.
Donald Trump explains why he established his Bored of Peace
Donald Trump explains why he established his Bored of Peace
Orcas discuss rotting brain. Front Orca says "Wish someone would lock him up".
Orcas discuss rotting brain. Front Orca says “Wish someone would lock him up”.

Continue ReadingOman’s Foreign Minister Said US-Iran Deal Was ‘Within Our Reach.’ Then Trump Started Bombing

12 countries commit to arms embargo on Israel to stop its attacks on Gaza

Spread the love

Original article by Pablo Meriguet republished from peoples dispatch under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 (CC BY-SA) license.

Hague Group Summit in Bogotá, Colombia. Photo: Abby Martin

In the final document, the signatory countries commit, among other things, to cease arms trade with Israel, review public contracts with that country, and seek accountability for war crimes.

Countries of the Global South have expressed their solidarity with the Palestinian people at the Emergency Ministerial Conference on Palestine organized by The Hague Group, which took place on July 15 and 16 in Bogotá, Colombia. The multilateral meeting was attended by representatives from Algeria, Bangladesh, Botswana, Brazil, Chile, China, Djibouti, Egypt, Slovenia, Spain, Honduras, Indonesia, Iraq, Ireland, Lebanon, Libya, Malaysia, Mexico, Namibia, Nicaragua, Norway, Oman, Pakistan, Palestine, Qatar, Saint Vincent and the Grenadines, South Africa, Turkey, Uruguay, and Venezuela.

Regarding the meeting, Colombia’s deputy secretary of state, Mauricio Jaramillo, said: “This conference is being convened by the Hague Group, but it is not an exclusive meeting of this group. Given the urgency of what is happening in the occupied territories, especially in Gaza, where today, for example, we have passed the threshold of 58,000 fatalities, we must commit ourselves to action.”

The conference, which was organized by the governments of Colombia and South Africa and attended by 30 countries, agreed that: “The era of impunity must end – and that international law must be enforced without fear or favor through immediate domestic policies and legislation – along with a unified call for an immediate ceasefire.”

The agreements

According to an official press release, the meeting laid out several measures to stop the genocide in Gaza:

  1. Prevent the provision or transfer of arms, munitions, military fuel, related military equipment, and dual-use items to Israel.
  2. Prevent the transit, docking, and servicing of vessels at any port … in all cases where there is a clear risk of the vessel being used to carry arms, munitions, military fuel, related military equipment, and dual-use items to Israel.
  3. Prevent the carriage of arms, munitions, military fuel, related military equipment, and dual-use items to Israel on vessels bearing our flag … and ensure full accountability, including de-flagging, for non-compliance with this prohibition.
  4. Commence an urgent review of all public contracts to prevent public institutions and funds from supporting Israel’s illegal occupation of the Palestinian Territory and entrenching its unlawful presence.
  5. Comply with obligations to ensure accountability for the most serious crimes under international law, through robust, impartial, and independent investigations and prosecutions at national or international levels, to ensure justice for all victims and the prevention of future crimes.
  6. Support universal jurisdiction mandates, as and where applicable in national legal frameworks and judiciaries, to ensure justice for victims of international crimes committed in the Occupied Palestinian Territory.

Although 30 countries attended the meeting, only 12 countries committed to immediately complying with the agreements outlined in the final declaration: Bolivia, Cuba, Colombia, Indonesia, Iraq, Libya, Malaysia, Namibia, Nicaragua, Oman, Saint Vincent and the Grenadines, and South Africa. The others expected to join them by September 20, 2025 – the date of the 80th UN General Assembly. The group will also be consulting various other states on an ongoing basis for participation in the measures against Israel.

Colombia’s President Gustavo Petro stated: “We came to Bogotá to make history — and we did … Together, we have begun the work of ending the era of impunity. These measures show that we will no longer allow international law to be treated as optional, or Palestinian life as disposable.”

“What we have achieved here is a collective affirmation that no state is above the law … The Hague Group was born to advance international law in an era of impunity. The measures adopted in Bogotá show that we are serious — and that coordinated state action is possible,” said South African Secretary of State Ronald Lamola.

The final agreement is historic as it is the first multilateral agreement that seeks to influence the Israeli government’s actions in its offensive against Gaza. In this sense, it is the first time that several countries have challenged the apparent immunity of the Israeli state in its actions in Gaza, which could have unpredictable diplomatic repercussions. It could also become the starting point for other countries to demand an end to the violence in Palestine jointly.

Original article by Pablo Meriguet republished from peoples dispatch under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 (CC BY-SA) license.

Continue Reading12 countries commit to arms embargo on Israel to stop its attacks on Gaza