Iranian state TV: US aircraft destroyed near Bushehr

Spread the love

This work by Middle East Monitor is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.

A view shows an anti-Israel billboard with an hourglass image and Persian and Hebrew text reading “Israel will not see the next 15 years” at Palestine Square in Tehran, Iran, on May 29, 2026. [Fatemeh Bahrami – Anadolu Agency]

Iranian state television, citing a local official, reported that a US aircraft had been destroyed in Iran’s Jam ‌governorate ⁠in Bushehr, although there has been no confirmation from the United States.

Iran’s semi-official Fars news agency reported on Thursday that the Iranian armed forces had launched missiles from southern parts of the country towards specified targets.

The agency said “the Iranian armed forces launched missiles minutes ago from the south of the country towards certain targets”, adding that the exact targets remained unclear, while some sources suggested there may have been clashes in Gulf waters.

It added that reports circulating about explosions being heard in the Gulf coastal provinces of Bushehr and Hormozgan had not yet been confirmed.

Separately, the Iranian Army’s Air Defence Monitoring Centre denied reports of explosions in the city of Bandar Abbas.

The centre said: “So far, no explosions have occurred in Bandar Abbas.”

It added that the sounds came from the sea, explaining that warning shots had been fired at vessels attempting to pass through the Strait of Hormuz without coordinating with the Iranian navy.

Earlier on Thursday, clashes were reported between Iran and the United States near the Strait of Hormuz.

READ: Israeli spy Pollard says Turkiye and Egypt could be Israel’s next targets as Ankara is cast as ‘new Iran’

This work by Middle East Monitor is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.

Keir Starmer explains that UK is actively supporting Israel's genocidal expansion and repeats his previous quotation that he supports Zionism "without qualification". Keir Starmer said “I said it loud and clear – and meant it – that I support Zionism without qualification.” here: https://www.jewishnews.co.uk/keir-starmer-interview-i-will-work-to-eradicate-antisemitism-from-day-one/
Keir Starmer explains that UK is actively supporting Israel’s genocidal expansion and repeats his previous quotation that he supports Zionism “without qualification”. Keir Starmer said “I said it loud and clear – and meant it – that I support Zionism without qualification.” here: https://www.jewishnews.co.uk/keir-starmer-interview-i-will-work-to-eradicate-antisemitism-from-day-one/
Donald Trump sings and dances, says that it's fun to kill everyone ... unless he gets distracted or falls asleep.
Donald Trump sings and dances, says that it’s fun to kill everyone … unless he gets distracted or falls asleep.
Orcas discuss rotting brain. Front Orca says "Wish someone would lock him up".
Orcas discuss rotting brain. Front Orca says “Wish someone would lock him up”.
Continue ReadingIranian state TV: US aircraft destroyed near Bushehr

Israel launches electronic system for registering Palestinian land in West Bank ahead of annexation push

Spread the love

This work by Middle East Monitor is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.

Israeli army closes the entrance to Old City area with barricades, restricting the movement of Palestinians on the second day of Eid al-Adha in Hebron, West Bank, Palestine on May 28, 2026 [Wisam Hashlamoun/Anadolu Agency]

Israel on Thursday launched a new electronic system called the “Land Registry and Settlement of Rights” in the occupied Palestinian territories, in a move specialists described as part of a legal and administrative annexation project in the West Bank, particularly Area C.

They said the move marks a shift from what they described as “silent gradual annexation to declared annexation through digital and administrative tools”.

The launch follows a decision by Israel’s security cabinet in May 2025 to begin a comprehensive settlement of land ownership across the West Bank, with the aim of completing land registration under Israeli administration.

According to available information, the project officially began on 15 February 2026 after powers related to land registration were transferred to the Israeli Justice Ministry and the Survey of Israel authority. A budget of 244 million shekels (US$ 79 million) was allocated to the project.

The project aims to register nearly 58 per cent of land in Area C, equivalent to around 35 per cent of the occupied West Bank, excluding occupied East Jerusalem, as part of what Israel describes as a “settlement of property rights” process.

READ: Israel plans to expand control over Gaza in coming months

This work by Middle East Monitor is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.

Keir Starmer explains that UK is actively supporting Israel's genocidal expansion and repeats his previous quotation that he supports Zionism "without qualification". Keir Starmer said “I said it loud and clear – and meant it – that I support Zionism without qualification.” here: https://www.jewishnews.co.uk/keir-starmer-interview-i-will-work-to-eradicate-antisemitism-from-day-one/
Keir Starmer explains that UK is actively supporting Israel’s genocidal expansion and repeats his previous quotation that he supports Zionism “without qualification”. Keir Starmer said “I said it loud and clear – and meant it – that I support Zionism without qualification.” here: https://www.jewishnews.co.uk/keir-starmer-interview-i-will-work-to-eradicate-antisemitism-from-day-one/
Donald Trump sings and dances, says that it's fun to kill everyone ... unless he gets distracted or falls asleep.
Donald Trump sings and dances, says that it’s fun to kill everyone … unless he gets distracted or falls asleep.
Orcas discuss rotting brain. Front Orca says "Wish someone would lock him up".
Orcas discuss rotting brain. Front Orca says “Wish someone would lock him up”.
Continue ReadingIsrael launches electronic system for registering Palestinian land in West Bank ahead of annexation push

Israel freezes ties with UN chief Guterres after inclusion on conflict-related sexual violence blacklist

Spread the love

This work by Middle East Monitor is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.

United Nations Secretary-General Antonio Guterres attends the groundbreaking ceremony for a new 340 million dollar complex at the United Nations headquarters in Nairobi, Kenya, on May 11, 2026. [Lucas Mukasa – Anadolu Agency]

Israel’s ambassador to the United Nations, Danny Danon, announced the suspension of relations with UN Secretary-General António Guterres after Israel was added to a UN blacklist of parties accused of committing sexual violence in conflict zones.

In a post on X on Thursday, Danon described the UN decision as “political decision! Disconnected from the facts and reality!”, and announced a halt to cooperation with Guterres, saying: “Israel has decided to sever all ties with the Secretary-General’s Office.”

He added that Israel would work to “correct this mistake” once a new UN secretary-general is elected in the coming months. “Israel will wait until a new UN Secretary-General is appointed,” he said.

Israeli newspaper Israel Hayom reported that Israel was added to the blacklist despite continued Israeli efforts in recent months to prevent the move.

The UN decision comes amid growing international human rights reports documenting alleged sexual abuse and violations against Palestinian detainees in Israeli detention centres, particularly at the Sde Teiman detention facility and other prisons.

Palestinian and international reports and testimonies have also documented cases of harassment and sexual assault during Israeli raids and arrests in the occupied West Bank and Gaza Strip, affecting both women and men.

READ: Pro-Israel cash goes undercover as US voters turn against Israel

This work by Middle East Monitor is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.

Keir Starmer explains that UK is actively supporting Israel's genocidal expansion and repeats his previous quotation that he supports Zionism "without qualification". Keir Starmer said “I said it loud and clear – and meant it – that I support Zionism without qualification.” here: https://www.jewishnews.co.uk/keir-starmer-interview-i-will-work-to-eradicate-antisemitism-from-day-one/
Keir Starmer explains that UK is actively supporting Israel’s genocidal expansion and repeats his previous quotation that he supports Zionism “without qualification”. Keir Starmer said “I said it loud and clear – and meant it – that I support Zionism without qualification.” here: https://www.jewishnews.co.uk/keir-starmer-interview-i-will-work-to-eradicate-antisemitism-from-day-one/
Donald Trump sings and dances, says that it's fun to kill everyone ... unless he gets distracted or falls asleep.
Donald Trump sings and dances, says that it’s fun to kill everyone … unless he gets distracted or falls asleep.
Orcas discuss rotting brain. Front Orca says "Wish someone would lock him up".
Orcas discuss rotting brain. Front Orca says “Wish someone would lock him up”.
Continue ReadingIsrael freezes ties with UN chief Guterres after inclusion on conflict-related sexual violence blacklist

US secretary of state raises questions about NATO amid Iran war

Spread the love

This work by Middle East Monitor is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.

WASHINGTON, D.C., UNITED STATES – MAY 5: U.S. Secretary of State Marco Rubio held a press briefing at the White House on current issues in Washington DC, United States on May 5, 2026. ( Fatih Aktaş – Anadolu Agency )

US Secretary of State Marco Rubio raised questions regarding NATO amid the war with Iran, criticizing Spain for denying US aircraft access to its bases during the war, Anadolu reports.

“One of the reasons why I supported NATO was because it gave us basing rights. It allowed us to have bases in Europe that we could use in a contingency like something in the Middle East,” Rubio said in an interview with Fox News, aired Wednesday but taped earlier this week.

“So when you have NATO partners denying you the use of those bases – when the primary reason why NATO is good for America is now being denied to us by Spain, as an example – then what’s the purpose of the Alliance? It starts becoming a ‘they’re allies when they want to be’ kind of thing,” he added.

Spain has denied US military aircraft access to its air bases during the Iran conflict, prompting threats from Washington of a trade embargo, troop withdrawals and even suspension from NATO.

Clarifying that there are countries in NATO that are “very helpful” to the US, he said that “others like Spain have been atrocious, just horrifying.”

“What is the purpose of being in an alliance whose benefit to us is these basing rights if, in a time of conflict like the one we’ve had with Iran, they can deny us the use of those bases? So why are we there for? Only to protect them but not to further our national interest? This is a very legitimate question that we need to address,” Rubio said.

READ: No military solution to issues involving Iran, Tehran will not yield to threats: Iran’s top diplomat

This work by Middle East Monitor is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.

Keir Starmer explains that UK is actively supporting Israel's genocidal expansion and repeats his previous quotation that he supports Zionism "without qualification". Keir Starmer said “I said it loud and clear – and meant it – that I support Zionism without qualification.” here: https://www.jewishnews.co.uk/keir-starmer-interview-i-will-work-to-eradicate-antisemitism-from-day-one/
Keir Starmer explains that UK is actively supporting Israel’s genocidal expansion and repeats his previous quotation that he supports Zionism “without qualification”. Keir Starmer said “I said it loud and clear – and meant it – that I support Zionism without qualification.” here: https://www.jewishnews.co.uk/keir-starmer-interview-i-will-work-to-eradicate-antisemitism-from-day-one/

Donald Trump sings and dances, says that it's fun to kill everyone ...
Donald Trump sings and dances, says that it’s fun to kill everyone …
Orcas discuss rotting brain, front Orca says disinhibition and swearing are typical and common symptoms, small Orca speaks bluntly.
Orcas discuss rotting brain, front Orca says disinhibition and swearing are typical and common symptoms, small Orca speaks bluntly.

Continue ReadingUS secretary of state raises questions about NATO amid Iran war

Lebanese Red Cross says Israel killed more than 100 paramedics despite ceasefire

Spread the love

This work by Middle East Monitor is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.

Medical teams, soldiers and civilians arrived at the scene to inspect the area after the Israeli army targeted two vehicles with drones on the coastal road despite the ceasefire in Beirut, Lebanon on May 13, 2026. [Houssam Shbaro – Anadolu Agency]

Lebanese Red Cross President Antoine Zoghbi said the Israeli occupation forces have killed more than 100 paramedics and medical workers since the ceasefire took effect, condemning the continued targeting of emergency personnel.

In an interview with Cairo News Channel, Zoghbi said that since 14th April Israel has killed more than 3,080 people, including over 100 medical and ambulance workers.

He said rescue and medical teams now operate under extremely dangerous conditions, adding that there is “no real protection” for ambulances or medical personnel in either Gaza Strip or Lebanon.

“Our problem today is that we have become targets, as if we were combatants,” Zoghbi said, adding that Lebanese officials and humanitarian organisations continue raising the issue in international forums.

He described the attacks on medical personnel and facilities as “a crime against humanity”, noting that four hospitals are no longer operational and 16 others have been damaged or directly attacked.

Zoghbi also said more than 200 ambulances had been targeted during the same period.

He concluded that the figures reflect the scale of the humanitarian crisis, stressing that the casualties among civilians and medical workers had occurred within a relatively short timeframe despite the ceasefire agreement.

READ: Israeli airstrikes kill at least 10, injures 8 in southern Lebanon

This work by Middle East Monitor is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.

Keir Starmer explains that UK is actively supporting Israel's genocidal expansion and repeats his previous quotation that he supports Zionism "without qualification". Keir Starmer said “I said it loud and clear – and meant it – that I support Zionism without qualification.” here: https://www.jewishnews.co.uk/keir-starmer-interview-i-will-work-to-eradicate-antisemitism-from-day-one/
Keir Starmer explains that UK is actively supporting Israel’s genocidal expansion and repeats his previous quotation that he supports Zionism “without qualification”. Keir Starmer said “I said it loud and clear – and meant it – that I support Zionism without qualification.” here: https://www.jewishnews.co.uk/keir-starmer-interview-i-will-work-to-eradicate-antisemitism-from-day-one/
Donald Trump sings and dances, says that it's fun to kill everyone ...
Donald Trump sings and dances, says that it’s fun to kill everyone …
Orcas discuss rotting brain. Front Orca says "Wish someone would lock him up".
Orcas discuss rotting brain. Front Orca says “Wish someone would lock him up”.

Continue ReadingLebanese Red Cross says Israel killed more than 100 paramedics despite ceasefire