Israeli forces raid Hebron, force Palestinians to close shops

Spread the love

This work by Middle East Monitor is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.

Israeli forces on Saturday forced Palestinian shopkeepers to close their shops during a raid in the occupied West Bank city of Hebron.

Israeli forces on Saturday forced Palestinian shopkeepers to close their shops during a raid in the occupied West Bank city of Hebron, Anadolu reports.

Israeli soldiers closed off the Old City area, restricting Palestinians’ access and movement to facilitate the entry of Israeli occupiers, according to local reports.

The soldiers also prevented journalists from filming and ordered them to leave the area.

Since the start of Israel’s genocide in Gaza on Oct. 8, 2023, Israeli forces and occupiers have escalated attacks in the West Bank, killing more than 1,183 Palestinians, injuring 13,000 and arresting nearly 25,000, according to Palestinian figures.

Palestinians warn that the escalation is part of Israeli efforts to impose facts on the ground, paving the way for annexation of the occupied West Bank and undermining the possibility of establishing a Palestinian state along the 1967 borders under relevant UN resolutions.

READ: Amnesty: Israeli state backs escalation of settler violence in occupied West Bank

This work by Middle East Monitor is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.

Donald Trump sings and dances, says that it's fun to kill everyone ... unless he gets distracted or falls asleep.
Donald Trump sings and dances, says that it’s fun to kill everyone … unless he gets distracted or falls asleep.
UK Prime Minister Andy Burnham admits to blatently lying and engaging in deception to become leader of the UK Labour Party and Prime Minister.
UK Prime Minister Andy Burnham admits to blatently lying and engaging in deception to become leader of the UK Labour Party and Prime Minister.
Orcas discuss rotting brain, front Orca says Sundown Syndrome is a dead givaway and he wishes someone would Lock Him Up
Orcas discuss rotting brain, front Orca says Sundown Syndrome is a dead givaway and he wishes someone would Lock Him Up
Continue ReadingIsraeli forces raid Hebron, force Palestinians to close shops

Palestinian Land Authority head: 12,000 settlement units approved and 7,000 Palestinians displaced in West Bank this year

Spread the love

This work by Middle East Monitor is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License

Israeli forces demolish two Palestinian-owned houses using heavy machinery on the grounds that they were built without permits in the town of Anzah, south of Jenin in West Bank, Palestine, on July 27, 2026. [Nedal Eshtayah – Anadolu Agency]

About 12,360 settlement units have been approved in the occupied West Bank this year, while nearly 7,000 Palestinians have been forcibly displaced from more than 260 communities, Palestinian Land Authority head Alaa Al-Tamimi said.

Speaking to broadcaster Cairo News on Tuesday evening, Tamimi said briefings given by UN envoy at the UN Security Council today were important in exposing what he described as Israeli crimes in the occupied West Bank and Jerusalem, as well as ongoing crimes in the Gaza Strip.

He said that since the fragile ceasefire in Gaza came into effect, more than 1,200 Palestinians had been killed, including women and children, while Israeli bombardment and other attacks had continued.

READ: Israeli occupiers establish illegal settlement outpost in yard of Palestinian home in West Bank

“During 2026 alone, the establishment of 12,360 settlement units was announced,” he said.

Tamimi also described attacks by Israeli settlers in the West Bank as “settler terrorism”, saying their aim was to forcibly displace Palestinians from their communities.

“The number of Palestinian communities that have been displaced has risen to more than 260, with more than or nearly 7,000 Palestinians displaced during 2026,” he said.

READ: UN officials: Occupied West Bank at ‘breaking point’

This work by Middle East Monitor is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License

UK Prime Minister Andy Burnham admits to blatently lying and engaging in deception to become leader of the UK Labour Party and Prime Minister.
UK Prime Minister Andy Burnham admits to blatently lying and engaging in deception to become leader of the UK Labour Party and Prime Minister.
Donald Trump sings and dances, says that it's fun to kill everyone ... unless he gets distracted or falls asleep.
Donald Trump sings and dances, says that it’s fun to kill everyone … unless he gets distracted or falls asleep.
Orcas discuss rotting brain, front Orca says Sundown Syndrome is a dead givaway and he wishes someone would Lock Him Up
Orcas discuss rotting brain, front Orca says Sundown Syndrome is a dead givaway and he wishes someone would Lock Him Up

Continue ReadingPalestinian Land Authority head: 12,000 settlement units approved and 7,000 Palestinians displaced in West Bank this year

UN chief condemns Israeli occupier attacks on Palestinian communities in West Bank

Spread the love

This work by Middle East Monitor is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License

A view of fire damage and Hebrew graffiti at Al-Rahmah Mosque as a Palestinian resident inspects the scene after an arson attack by Israeli settlers in the village of Kusra, south of Nablus in West Bank, Palestine on July 26, 2026. [Hisham K. K. Abu Shaqra – Anadolu Agency]

UN Secretary-General Antonio Guterres on Tuesday condemned attacks by Israeli occupiers against Palestinian communities in the occupied West Bank, including attacks on two mosques, Anadolu reports.

“The secretary-general condemns the attacks by Israeli settlers against Palestinian communities in the occupied West Bank, including the reported arson attacks on two mosques, vandalism of private property, and attacks targeting Palestinians and their livelihoods,” UN spokesperson Farhan Haq told reporters.

Haq said attacks against places of worship are “heinous and unacceptable” and warned that they risk further inflaming an already volatile situation.

“The secretary-general calls for those responsible to be swiftly identified and held accountable in line with Israel’s obligations under international law,” he said.

READ: UN official warns Gaza recovery ‘far too slow’ as occupied West Bank escalation risk grows

Guterres urged Israeli authorities to take immediate measures to prevent further attacks by settlers against Palestinians and their property, including places of worship.

“The secretary-general further calls on the Israeli authorities to take immediate and effective measures to prevent further attacks by settlers against Palestinians or their property, including places of worship, and to ensure the protection of civilians,” Haq said.

Attacks by the Israeli army and occupiers in the West Bank have escalated since Israel launched its genocide in Gaza in October 2023. According to official Palestinian figures, at least 1,182 Palestinians have been killed, around 13,000 injured and nearly 24,000 arrested in the occupied territory during the same period.

READ: Israeli army raids Quran radio station in occupied West Bank, shuts it down

This work by Middle East Monitor is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License

Keir Starmer explains that UK is actively supporting Israel's genocidal expansion and repeats his previous quotation that he supports Zionism "without qualification". Keir Starmer said “I said it loud and clear – and meant it – that I support Zionism without qualification.” here: https://www.jewishnews.co.uk/keir-starmer-interview-i-will-work-to-eradicate-antisemitism-from-day-one/. New UK Prime Minister Andy Burnham is pursuing the same policy of active support of and denial of genocide by Israel.
Keir Starmer explains that UK is actively supporting Israel’s genocidal expansion and repeats his previous quotation that he supports Zionism “without qualification”. Keir Starmer said “I said it loud and clear – and meant it – that I support Zionism without qualification.” here: https://www.jewishnews.co.uk/keir-starmer-interview-i-will-work-to-eradicate-antisemitism-from-day-one/. New UK Prime Minister Andy Burnham is pursuing the same policy of active support of and denial of genocide by Israel.
Experiencing issues with this image not appearing. I suspect because it's so critical of Zionist Keir Starmer's support of and complicity in Israel's genocides.
Genocide denier and Current UK Prime Minister Keir Starmer is quoted that he supports Zionism without qualification. He also confirms that UK air force support has been essential in Israel’s mass-murdering genocide. Includes URLs https://www.declassifieduk.org/keir-starmers-100-spy-flights-over-gaza-in-support-of-israel/ and https://youtu.be/O74hZCKKdpA
Vote Labour for Genocide.
Vote Labour for Genocide.
Continue ReadingUN chief condemns Israeli occupier attacks on Palestinian communities in West Bank

Israeli army detains at least 70 Palestinians across West Bank, 8 injured in attack by occupiers

Spread the love

This work by Middle East Monitor is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.

Israeli soldiers block the road leading to Nablus Hospital, after raiding the hospital and detaining a wounded Palestinian, and his sibling in Nablus, West Bank, Palestine on July 24, 2026. [Nedal Eshtayah – Anadolu Agency]

Israeli forces detained at least 70 Palestinians in raids across the occupied West Bank on Saturday, while eight others were injured in a separate attack by occupiers, according to Palestinian media and the Palestinian Red Crescent Society, Anadolu reports.

The official Voice of Palestine radio said Israeli forces arrested more than 40 young Palestinian men in an ongoing raid on the town of Tell, west of Nablus in the northern part of the occupied territory.

Israeli troops seized a house in the town and converted it into a field interrogation center, the broadcaster said.

It added that Israeli forces were carrying out extensive raids on homes across the town while surrounding it from all directions.

On Friday, Israeli Premier Benjamin Netanyahu and Defense Minister Israel Katz ordered a “wide-scale military operation” in Palestinian villages across the West Bank following an attack near the illegal Havat Gilad settlement that killed two Israeli soldiers and wounded three others.

According to sources and witnesses, Israeli occupiers later attacked several Palestinian communities in the Nablus governorate, setting fire to Palestinian homes and other property.

Four Palestinians were killed on Friday in an attack by Israeli occupiers and Israeli forces on the town of Tell, according to the Palestinian Health Ministry.

READ: Netanyahu orders ‘wide-scale’ military offensive in occupied West Bank villages

Meanwhile, the official Palestinian news agency Wafa reported that Israeli forces launched widespread raids before dawn in the city of Jenin and several towns and villages across the governorate.

Troops also searched a number of homes and detained five Palestinians, while military operations continued in several parts of the governorate, according to local sources cited by the agency. Separately, Israeli forces detained three Palestinians in the Bethlehem governorate.

In another incident, the Palestinian Red Crescent Society said eight Palestinians were injured, including six who were shot with live fire, in an attack by Israeli occupiers on the village of Farata, east of Qalqilya in northwestern West Bank. The organization did not immediately provide further details on the attack or the condition of the injured.

In northern West Bank, the Israeli army detained at least six Palestinians during extensive raids across neighborhoods and towns in Jenin, amid a heavy military deployment and continued troop movements.

The Israeli army also raided the city of Tubas and the Al-Far’a refugee camp in northern West Bank, launching a large-scale campaign of raids on Palestinian homes.

In the central West Bank, the army detained 13 Palestinians from various areas across the Ramallah and Al-Bireh governorate.

In the southern West Bank, Israeli forces raided Hebron and detained eight Palestinians.

This work by Middle East Monitor is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.

Donald Trump sings and dances, says that it's fun to kill everyone ... unless he gets distracted or falls asleep.
Donald Trump sings and dances, says that it’s fun to kill everyone … unless he gets distracted or falls asleep.
Orcas discuss rotting brain, front Orca says he wishes someone would lock him up, small Orca speaks bluntly.
Orcas discuss rotting brain, front Orca says he wishes someone would lock him up, small Orca speaks bluntly.
Keir Starmer objects to criticism of the IDF. He asks how could anyone object to them starving people to death, forced marches like the Nazis did, bombing Gaza's hospitals and universities, mass-murdering journalists, healthworkers and starving people queuing for food, killing and raping prisoners and murdering children. He calls for people to stop obstructing his genocide for Israel.
Keir Starmer objects to criticism of the IDF. He asks how could anyone object to them starving people to death, forced marches like the Nazis did, bombing Gaza’s hospitals and universities, mass-murdering journalists, healthworkers and starving people queuing for food, killing and raping prisoners and murdering children. He calls for people to stop obstructing his genocide for Israel.

Continue ReadingIsraeli army detains at least 70 Palestinians across West Bank, 8 injured in attack by occupiers

UN committee warns Palestinian children increasingly unprotected amid pressure on rights groups

Spread the love

This work by Middle East Monitor is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.

Displaced Palestinians, including many children, wait in long queues to receive hot meals distributed by a charitable organization in Gaza City, Gaza, Palestine on June 07, 2026. [Moiz Salhi – Anadolu Agency]

The UN Committee on the Rights of the Child on Monday warned that Palestinian children are being left increasingly unprotected as human rights defenders and humanitarian organizations are forced to halt or scale back their work in the occupied Palestinian territories, including Gaza and the West Bank, Anadolu reports.

In a statement, the committee strongly condemned what it described as Israel’s recent tactics of labeling human rights defenders and civil society organizations as “terrorists.”

It said the measures have been accompanied by military raids, travel bans, financial sanctions, threats of arrest, destruction of records and threats of secondary sanctions against partners supporting their work.

The committee expressed concern that organizations assisting children are being forced to curtail operations because of “sustained harassment, threats, bans, sanctions and attacks on their reputations.”

READ: Israeli army kills 2 Palestinians in southern occupied West Bank

“For more than three decades, these organizations have played a vital role in defending Palestinian children, including in the Israeli military courts, and in documenting grave violations against Palestinian children at the hands of Israeli forces,” it said.

“Without them, Palestinian children will be even less protected, and violations of their rights risk continuing with impunity.”

The committee called on Israel to immediately remove restrictions on child rights defenders and humanitarian groups and urged the international community to hold Israeli authorities accountable for attacks targeting Palestinian human rights defenders.

“Child rights defenders have continued to stand with Palestinian children and families in extraordinarily dangerous conditions,” it said. “They must be protected, not punished.”

READ: ‘Losing bet’: Hebrew media reports failure of armed militias to challenge Hamas in Gaza

This work by Middle East Monitor is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.

Keir Starmer explains that UK is actively supporting Israel's genocidal expansion and repeats his previous quotation that he supports Zionism "without qualification". Keir Starmer said “I said it loud and clear – and meant it – that I support Zionism without qualification.” here: https://www.jewishnews.co.uk/keir-starmer-interview-i-will-work-to-eradicate-antisemitism-from-day-one/
Keir Starmer explains that UK is actively supporting Israel’s genocidal expansion and repeats his previous quotation that he supports Zionism “without qualification”. Keir Starmer said “I said it loud and clear – and meant it – that I support Zionism without qualification.” here: https://www.jewishnews.co.uk/keir-starmer-interview-i-will-work-to-eradicate-antisemitism-from-day-one/

Donald Trump calls for help from NATO allies in securing the Strait of Hormuz despite saying on 7 March 2026 that they don't need people to join wars after they've already won. He's challenged with the claim that he lies as much as the IDF.
Donald Trump calls for help from NATO allies in securing the Strait of Hormuz despite saying on 7 March 2026 that they don’t need people to join wars after they’ve already won. He’s challenged with the claim that he lies as much as the IDF.
Orcas discuss rotting brain, front Orca says he wishes someone would lock him up, small Orca speaks bluntly.
Orcas discuss rotting brain, front Orca says he wishes someone would lock him up, small Orca speaks bluntly.

Continue ReadingUN committee warns Palestinian children increasingly unprotected amid pressure on rights groups