Seamus Culleton said conditions at his detention centre in Texas were akin to “torture” and that the atmosphere was volatile. “I’m not in fear of the other inmates. I’m afraid of the staff. They’re capable of anything.”
Speaking from the El Paso facility to Ireland’s RTÉ radio, Culleton implored the taoiseach, Micheál Martin, to raise his case with Donald Trump when he visits the White House next month for St Patrick’s Day celebrations.
“Just try to get me out of here and do all you can, please. It’s an absolute torture, psychological and physical torture,” Culleton said, adding he did not know how much more he could take. “It’s just a horrible, horrible, horrible place.”
Originally from County Kilkenny, Culleton, 42, runs a plastering business in the Boston area. After buying supplies at a hardware store on 9 September 2025 he was followed by ICE agents and arrested.
Donald Fuhrump says that Amerikkka doesn’t bother with crimes or charges anymore, not being 100% Amerikkkan and opposing his real estate intentions is enough.Elon Musk urges you to be a Fascist like him, says that you can ignore facts and reality then.Orcas discuss Donald Trump and the killer apes’ concept of democracy. Front Orca warns that Trump is crashing his country’s economy and that everything he does he does for the fantastically wealthy.
This work by Middle East Monitor is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.
Overview of the courtroom at the International Court of Justice (ICJ) in The Hague, Netherlands on 22 April, 2024 [Selman Aksünger/Anadolu Agency]
The international court of justice (ICJ) announced on Tuesday that Belgium has joined the legal case brought by South Africa against Israel, accusing it of committing genocide in the Gaza Strip.
Several countries had already joined the case before Belgium, including Brazil, Ireland, Bolivia, Colombia, Libya, Spain and Mexico, at the United Nations’ highest court.
In a ruling issued in January 2024, around four months after the start of Israel’s military campaign in Gaza, the court called on Israel to refrain from any acts that could fall under genocide. The court warned of a “real and imminent risk” of “irreparable harm” to Palestinians.
The ICJ also issued provisional measures ordering Israel to allow humanitarian aid into Gaza, prevent incitement to genocide and punish those responsible. Israel has so far failed to comply with these orders.
Meanwhile, Palestinian resistance factions in Gaza say they are continuing efforts to complete the first phase of the ceasefire agreement, which began on 10 October this year, by searching for the body of the last Israeli soldier in their possession. At the same time, Israel is accused of continuing to violate the agreement and failing to implement its terms, especially those related to the first phase.
Since the ceasefire took effect on 10 October, Israel has killed at least 406 Palestinians and injured 1,118 others in Gaza, according to the Palestinian Ministry of Health in the territory.
The ministry added that, since the outbreak of the war on 7 October 2023, the death toll has reached at least 70,942 Palestinians, with 171,195 others wounded.
This work by Middle East Monitor is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.
Genocide denier and Current UK Prime Minister Keir Starmer is quoted that he supports Zionism without qualification. He also confirms that UK air force support has been essential in Israel’s mass-murdering genocide. Includes URLs https://www.declassifieduk.org/keir-starmers-100-spy-flights-over-gaza-in-support-of-israel/ and https://youtu.be/O74hZCKKdpAKeir Starmer objects to criticism of the IDF. He asks how could anyone object to them starving people to death, forced marches like the Nazis did, bombing Gaza’s hospitals and universities, mass-murdering journalists, healthworkers and starving people queuing for food, killing and raping prisoners and murdering children. He calls for people to stop obstructing his genocide for Israel.Orcas discuss Genocide-supporting and complicit Zionists. Donald Trump, Keith Starmer, David Lammy, Rachel Reeves, Angela Rayner and Wes Streeting are acknowledged as evil genocide-complicit and supporting cnuts.
This work by Middle East Monitor is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.
Israel’s participation in the Eurovision Song Contest, which will take place on May 11th, is being protested in Malmo, Sweden, where the event is being hosted on May 9, 2024. [Atila Altuntaş – Anadolu Agency]
After Iceland joined Ireland, Spain, the Netherlands, and Slovenia in withdrawing from Eurovision 2026, 17 Portuguese musicians competing in the national selection show Festival da Cancao said they would refuse to represent Portugal even if selected for the next year’s song contest, Anadolu reports.
The entrants in the internal contest to elect a representative issued a statement protesting Israel’s controversial participation in the contest, according to Euronews.
“With words and with songs, we act within the possibilities we are given. We do not accept complicity with the violation of Human Rights,” the statement said.
“Despite Russia’s ban from Eurovision 2022 for political reasons, we were surprised to see that the same stance was not taken towards Israel, which, according to the United Nations, is committing acts of genocide against Palestinians in Gaza,” it added.
In response, Portugal’s public broadcaster RTP said: “Regardless of the decision of the artists who subscribe to the statement, RTP will once again organise Festival da Canção and reaffirms its participation at the Eurovision Song Contest 2026.”
Salvador Sobral, Portugal’s only Eurovision winner, also criticized RTP’s position in a video shared on social media, accusing the broadcaster of “political cowardice.”
Public outrage has meanwhile spread across Portugal, leading to the launch of a petition calling for the country’s immediate withdrawal from Eurovision.
The petition, which has gathered more than 22,000 signatures, argues that RTP’s backing of Israel’s participation “puts Portugal on the wrong side of history.”
“This stance is unacceptable in the face of the ongoing humanitarian catastrophe and military offensive in the Gaza Strip, and in the face of the vote rigging scandals that marred the 2025 edition in Basel, proving the inability of the organisation (EBU) to curb the politicisation of the event,” the petition said.
This work by Middle East Monitor is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.
Genocide denier and Current UK Prime Minister Keir Starmer is quoted that he supports Zionism without qualification. He also confirms that UK air force support has been essential in Israel’s mass-murdering genocide. Includes URLs https://www.declassifieduk.org/keir-starmers-100-spy-flights-over-gaza-in-support-of-israel/ and https://youtu.be/O74hZCKKdpAKeir Starmer objects to criticism of the IDF. He asks how could anyone object to them starving people to death, forced marches like the Nazis did, bombing Gaza’s hospitals and universities, mass-murdering journalists, healthworkers and starving people queuing for food, killing and raping prisoners and murdering children. He calls for people to stop obstructing his genocide for Israel.Orcas discuss Genocide-supporting and complicit Zionists. Donald Trump, Keith Starmer, David Lammy, Rachel Reeves, Angela Rayner and Wes Streeting are acknowledged as evil genocide-complicit and supporting cnuts.
Swiss singer Nemo, winner of the 2024 Eurovision Song Contest, is returning trophy in protest at Israel’s inclusion in next year’s competition, deepening the controversy surrounding the European Broadcasting Union’s (EBU) refusal to suspend the Apartheid State over its genocide in Gaza
Swiss singer Nemo, winner of the 2024 Eurovision Song Contest, is returning trophy in protest at Israel’s inclusion in next year’s competition, deepening the controversy surrounding the European Broadcasting Union’s (EBU) refusal to suspend the Apartheid State over its genocide in Gaza.
In a powerful statement shared on Instagram, Nemo said there was a “clear conflict” between Eurovision’s stated ideals of unity, inclusion and dignity for all, and its decision to allow a state accused of committing atrocities to take part.
“This is not about individuals or artists,” Nemo wrote. “The contest was repeatedly used to soften the image of a state accused of severe wrongdoing, all while the EBU insisted Eurovision is ‘non-political’. When entire countries withdraw over this contradiction, it should be clear that something is deeply wrong.”
The 26-year-old artist added that they no longer felt the trophy belonged on the shelf, and would send it back to the EBU’s headquarters in Geneva.
Nemo’s protest comes amid growing backlash over Israel’s participation in Eurovision 2026, due to be held in six months. Iceland’s national broadcaster, RÚV, became the latest to join the boycott, following decisions by Spain, Ireland, the Netherlands, and Slovenia to withdraw.
Critics have condemned the EBU’s insistence that the contest is “non-political,” accusing the organisation of hypocrisy for allowing Israel to remain while Palestinian civilians endure mass displacement, starvation, and military bombardment. The Union also banned Russia over its invasion of Ukraine.
“We’re saddened that Nemo wishes to return their trophy which they deservedly won in 2024. We respect the deeply held views Nemo has expressed and they will always remain a valued part of the Eurovision family.”
Israel’s public broadcaster Kan welcomed the EBU’s decision to retain Israel in the contest, while Israeli President Isaac Herzog insisted that Israel “deserves to be represented on every stage around the world.”
However, backlash continues to mount across Europe. In the UK, the BBC has yet to confirm its participation, saying only that it supports decisions made at the EBU summit.
As of now, 34 countries are still expected to take part, but that number may change, with some nations yet to confirm their participation.
Orcas discuss Genocide-supporting and complicit Zionists. Donald Trump, Keith Starmer, David Lammy, Rachel Reeves, Angela Rayner and Wes Streeting are acknowledged as evil genocide-complicit and supporting cnuts.Keir Starmer objects to criticism of the IDF. He asks how could anyone object to them starving people to death, forced marches like the Nazis did, bombing Gaza’s hospitals and universities, mass-murdering journalists, healthworkers and starving people queuing for food, killing and raping prisoners and murdering children. He calls for people to stop obstructing his genocide for Israel.Vote Labour for Genocide.
JJ, from Austria, stands on the stage with his trophy after winning the Grand Final of the 69th Eurovision Song Contest in Basel, Switzerland, May 18, 2025
THE BBC was called on yesterday to follow a host of national broadcasters and boycott the Eurovision Song Contest, after organisers voted to include Israel despite its ongoing slaughter in Gaza.
The European Broadcasting Union’s (EBU) initiative has already led to Spain, Slovenia and the Netherlands withdrawing, with Ireland’s national broadcaster RTE the latest to join the boycott.
Ireland premier Micheal Martin said he “fully understands” RTE’s boycott as “an act of solidarity with those journalists who were killed in breach of international humanitarian law during the war in Gaza.”
Noting RTE’s editorial independence, Tanaiste Simon Harris said: “By way of context, we’ve seen hundreds of journalists killed throughout this horrific conflict.
“We still today see a situation where there’s not free access by Israel for the media to get in to actually see the atrocities that have happened in Gaza and you can’t just forget or ignore the fact that a genocide has taken place in relation to Palestine.”
The decision split Northern Ireland’s leaders as they joined the British-Irish Council in Wales yesterday, with First Minister Michelle O’Neill making clear she “absolutely agrees with the decision.”
“I think it’s a right and appropriate decision to take,” she said.
“This is the biggest humanitarian crisis of our time, when genocide prevails — and I think countries need to take action that actually sends a very strong message, and I think this is another one of those messages.”
…
Adding his voice to the chorus calling for the BBC to withdraw from the contest, Scottish Greens culture spokesman Patrick Harvie, said: “This is a shameful decision and a dark day for the European Broadcasting Union.
“Once a symbol of unity and hope across Europe, they have turned the Eurovision Song Contest into a pink-washing front for war criminals in Israel.
“There can be no place for genocide enablers on the Eurovision stage, which is supposed to celebrate love and diversity.
“The atrocities inflicted against Palestinians in Gaza are among the worst crimes of this century and cannot be ignored and discarded in the name of entertainment.
Keir Starmer objects to criticism of the IDF. He asks how could anyone object to them starving people to death, forced marches like the Nazis did, bombing Gaza’s hospitals and universities, mass-murdering journalists, healthworkers and starving people queuing for food, killing and raping prisoners and murdering children. He calls for people to stop obstructing his genocide for Israel.UK Foreign Minister David Lammy confirms that UK government and military are active participants in Israel’s genocides and that the F-35 parts that they suspended from supplying to Israel are instead simply diverted via the United States. He says see https://youtu.be/QILgUHrdWREOrcas discuss Genocide-supporting and complicit Zionists. Donald Trump, Keith Starmer, David Lammy, Rachel Reeves, Angela Rayner and Wes Streeting are acknowledged as evil genocide-complicit and supporting cnuts.