Spain summons Israeli charge d’affaires for ‘monstrous’ treatment of Gaza flotilla activists

Spread the love

This work by Middle East Monitor is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License

Spanish Foreign Minister Jose Manuel Albares delivers a speech at the Hertie School Jacques Delors Centre within his visit to Berlin, Germany on May 20, 2026. [Ayhan Şimşek – Anadolu Agency]

Spain summoned Israel’s charge d’affaires on Wednesday after Foreign Minister Jose Manuel Albares condemned what he described as the “monstrous,” “inhumane” and “disgraceful” treatment of activists aboard a Gaza-bound flotilla, Anadolu reports.

In a video message shared on the US social media platform X, Albares said: “I have seen a horrific, inhumane and disgraceful video in which members of the flotilla were treated unjustly and humiliatingly by an Israeli minister and the police.”

Among them, he noted, were Spanish citizens on the flotilla, calling the incident “deeply alarming.”

“I repeat, this treatment is monstrous, it is disgraceful, it is inhumane,” Albares added, demanding “a public apology from Israel.”

The Spanish minister said Madrid had urgently summoned the Israeli charge d’affaires to convey Spain’s “complete rejection,” “utter condemnation” and “profound revulsion” over what he described as “abominable and unacceptable treatment.”

He also said Spain is seeking the immediate release of those aboard the flotilla and would contact other countries whose citizens were involved to coordinate possible measures.

Albares noted that Israel’s National Security Minister Itamar Ben-Gvir, who appears in the footage, had already been sanctioned by Spain and barred from entering the country.

“And soon the same thing will happen across the entire European Union,” he said.

READ: Poland demands ‘justice’ for its citizens after Israeli treatment of Gaza flotilla members, calls for consequences

Prime Minister Pedro Sanchez deplored the video in which the Israeli minister is “humiliating” flotilla participants as “unacceptable.”

In a X post, he said, “We will not tolerate anyone mistreating our citizens.”

He noted the national territory ban against Ben-Gvir that he announced in September. “Now we are going to push in Brussels for these sanctions to be elevated to the European scale on an urgent basis,” he wrote.

The remarks came after a video posted by Ben-Gvir showed detained activists zip-tied and forced to kneel after being detained by Israeli forces in international waters.

The Global Sumud humanitarian aid flotilla said on Tuesday that all 50 vessels in its aid convoy had been seized by Israel.

This work by Middle East Monitor is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License

Keir Starmer explains that UK is actively supporting Israel's genocidal expansion and repeats his previous quotation that he supports Zionism "without qualification". Keir Starmer said “I said it loud and clear – and meant it – that I support Zionism without qualification.” here: https://www.jewishnews.co.uk/keir-starmer-interview-i-will-work-to-eradicate-antisemitism-from-day-one/
Keir Starmer explains that UK is actively supporting Israel’s genocidal expansion and repeats his previous quotation that he supports Zionism “without qualification”. Keir Starmer said “I said it loud and clear – and meant it – that I support Zionism without qualification.” here: https://www.jewishnews.co.uk/keir-starmer-interview-i-will-work-to-eradicate-antisemitism-from-day-one/

Keir Starmer objects to criticism of the IDF. He asks how could anyone object to them starving people to death, forced marches like the Nazis did, bombing Gaza's hospitals and universities, mass-murdering journalists, healthworkers and starving people queuing for food, killing and raping prisoners and murdering children. He calls for people to stop obstructing his genocide for Israel.
Keir Starmer objects to criticism of the IDF. He asks how could anyone object to them starving people to death, forced marches like the Nazis did, bombing Gaza’s hospitals and universities, mass-murdering journalists, healthworkers and starving people queuing for food, killing and raping prisoners and murdering children. He calls for people to stop obstructing his genocide for Israel.
Orcas discuss Donald Trump and the killer apes' concept of democracy. Front Orca warns that Trump is crashing his country's economy and that everything he does he does for the fantastically wealthy.
Orcas discuss Donald Trump and the killer apes’ concept of democracy. Front Orca warns that Trump is crashing his country’s economy and that everything he does he does for the fantastically wealthy.

Continue ReadingSpain summons Israeli charge d’affaires for ‘monstrous’ treatment of Gaza flotilla activists

Israeli minister invites anti-Islam ‘ally’ Tommy Robinson to visit country

Spread the love

https://www.thenationalnews.com/news/mena/2025/10/03/israeli-minister-invites-anti-islam-ally-tommy-robinson-to-visit-country

Tommy Robinson at the ‘Unite The Kingdom’ rally in London in September. Getty Images

British far-right activist’s invitation follows deadly Manchester synagogue attack

Israel’s Minister of Diaspora Affairs and Combating Anti-Semitism, Amichai Chikli, has invited British far-right activist Tommy Robinson to visit the country in mid-October.

The invitation follows the attack on a synagogue in Manchester this week, in which two people were killed.

Robinson, a former leader of the English Defence League (EDL), is a polarising figure in British politics. Known for his criticism of Islam and immigration, he has also been a vocal advocate for Israel.

“At a time when Jews across Europe face rising anti-Semitism, it is vital to strengthen bonds with allies who refuse to be silent. He has proven himself a true friend of Israel and the Jewish people, unafraid to speak the truth and confront hate,” the minister added.

Article continues at https://www.thenationalnews.com/news/mena/2025/10/03/israeli-minister-invites-anti-islam-ally-tommy-robinson-to-visit-country

Elon Musk urges you to be a Fascist like him, says that you can ignore facts and reality then.
Elon Musk urges you to be a Fascist like him, says that you can ignore facts and reality then.

Continue ReadingIsraeli minister invites anti-Islam ‘ally’ Tommy Robinson to visit country

Far-right Israeli minister leads mass illegal settler incursion into Al-Aqsa Mosque

Spread the love

This work by Middle East Monitor is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.

Israel’s far-right National Security Minister Itamar Ben-Gvir (3rd R) led a large group of illegal settlers in a provocative march and mass incursion into the Al-Aqsa Mosque compound in Jerusalem on August 03, 2025. [Jerusalem Islamic Waqf – Anadolu Agency]

Israel’s far-right National Security Minister Itamar Ben-Gvir led a large group of illegal settlers in a provocative march and mass incursion into the Al-Aqsa Mosque compound in occupied East Jerusalem early Sunday, coinciding with the Jewish commemoration of Tisha B’Av.

According to the Jerusalem Islamic Waqf, at least 1,251 illegal Israeli settlers stormed the mosque compound in the morning hours performing Talmudic rituals, singing, and dancing under heavy police protection.

Among the participants was Likud lawmaker Amit Halevi, who joined Ben-Gvir in what Palestinian officials called an “unprecedented escalation in political and religious incitement,” according to Wafa news agency.

The Jerusalem Governorate warned of the seriousness of this large-scale, organized incursion, calling it a “systematic violation” of the sanctity of Al-Aqsa Mosque and the rights of Palestinian worshippers, Anadolu reports.

The incursion included assaults on Muslim worshippers, journalists, and Al-Aqsa guards.

In a statement from within the compound, Ben-Gvir said “the Temple Mount is for the Jews, and we will remain here forever,” sparking widespread condemnation.

READ: Ben-Gvir slams German FM over Palestine statehood recognition plans

The incursion came hours after Ben-Gvir led another illegal settler march through the Old City of Jerusalem after midnight.

The events were organized by extremist “Temple Mount” groups, which had called for mass entry into the Al-Aqsa Mosque on Sunday to mark Tisha B’Av, which they refer to as the “anniversary of the Temple’s destruction.”

The Jerusalem Governorate described this year’s Tisha B’Av as one of the most dangerous days for Al-Aqsa, citing plans by the groups to designate Aug. 3 as the “largest day of incursions.”

The statement added that the Israeli government’s full alignment with illegal settler groups was emboldening efforts to alter the religious and legal status of the mosque.

Al-Aqsa Mosque is the world’s third-holiest site for Muslims. Jews call the area Temple Mount, claiming it was the site of two Jewish temples in ancient times.

Israel occupied East Jerusalem, where Al-Aqsa is located, during the 1967 Arab-Israeli War. It annexed the entire city in 1980 in a move never recognized by the international community.

READ: Palestine warns against mass storming of Al-Aqsa Mosque by illegal Israeli settlers

This work by Middle East Monitor is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.

Continue ReadingFar-right Israeli minister leads mass illegal settler incursion into Al-Aqsa Mosque