Palestinian children wait for food at a charity kitchen in the Mawasi area of Khan Younis in the southern Gaza Strip, on 22 July 2025 (AFP)
Official X account of Israel and some pro-Israeli social media users have launched a campaign denying there is hunger in Gaza
An Israeli campaign on social media this week is claiming there is no hunger in Gaza, while Palestinians have been documenting people dying from starvation due to the Israeli-imposed blockade on the strip.
The official X account of the State of Israel has shared numerous posts suggesting that images of starving and malnourished children being shown across the world are fabricated, claiming that the children are suffering from other illnesses, such as “cystic fibrosis”.
In recent weeks, many international organisations, as well as the Palestinian health ministry, have warned of looming famine in Gaza.
The United Nations has warned of “catastrophic hunger” in Gaza and said the entire population of over two million people is severely food insecure. “One out of every three people has not eaten for days, and 80 percent of all reported deaths by starvation are children,” the agency said.
While the death toll in Gaza is now over 60,000, at least 154 people have died due to malnutrition and starvation in the enclave, according to various news reports and international organisations.
Keir Starmer objects to criticism of the IDF. He asks how could anyone object to them starving people to death, forced marches like the Nazis did, bombing Gaza’s hospitals and universities,mass-murdering journalists, healthworkers and starving people queuing for food, killing and raping prisoners and murdering children. He calls for people to stop obstructing his genocide for Israel.
[Keir Starmer] … faces backlash for continuing to enable the genocide in Gaza
Maysara Adwan (left) mourns as she holds the body of her 11-year-old son, Qais, who was killed by an Israeli air strike on a school in Gaza that has been used as a shelter, during his burial at Al Shifa Hospital in Gaza City, July 25, 2025
… KEIR STARMER faced a backlash today for spouting empty words while continuing to enable the genocide in Gaza.
The Prime Minister, who is yet to enforce a full arms embargo on Israel, released a statement calling the suffering and starvation unfolding in Gaza “unspeakable and indefensible.”
He announced plans to hold an emergency call with Germany and France to discuss “what we can do urgently to stop the killing.”
Independent MP Jeremy Corbyn, who recently tabled a public inquiry into Britain’s role in Gaza, responded on X: “Empty words cannot hide the truth: your government is complicit in genocide.”
On Wednesday, the government informed Mr Corbyn that the inquiry would be “unnecessary” and that it would be opposed.
The letter from the Foreign Office came just a day after Foreign Secretary David Lammy publicly stated he was “appalled” and “sickened” by Israel’s actions.
When pressed on BBC Radio 4 about his limited response, Mr Lammy deflected criticism by praising his own “good record” — citing the restoration of funding to aid agency UNRWA, a review of Britain’s “bilateral roadmap,” and a partial arms embargo.
The embargo, enforced in September, suspended 30 out of 350 arms exports.
But an analysis of Israeli import data by the Palestinian Youth Movement, Progressive International and Workers for a Free Palestine found that Britain still exported 8,630 “munitions of war” to Israel after it came into force.
The Ministry of Defence admitted last month that is it training what it called a “limited number” of IDF personnel.
A Stop the War spokeswoman said: “Keir Starmer and David Lammy have been defending and enabling the indefensible for over 20 months.
“They are complicit in the genocide of our age. The blood of thousands of Palestinian children runs all the way to the door of Number 10.
“These are yet more empty words, entirely lacking in any commitment to anything that might help end the suffering of the people of Gaza.”
Genocide denying UK Foreign Secretary David Lammy says that UK is suspending 30 of 350 arms licences to Israel. He also confirms the UK government’s support for Israel’s Gaza genocide and the UK government and military’s active participation in genocide.Keir Starmer objects to criticism of the IDF. He asks how could anyone object to them starving people to death, forced marches like the Nazis did, bombing Gaza’s hospitals and universities,mass-murdering journalists, healthworkers and starving people queuing for food, killing and raping prisoners and murdering children. He calls for people to stop obstructing his genocide for Israel.UK Labour Party government ministers Keir Starmer, Angela Rayner and Rachel Reeves explain that they are partners complicit in Israel’s Gaza genocide. The UK has provided Israel with arms, military and air force support. They explain that they don’t do gas chambers but do do forced marches, starvation, destroy hospitals, mass-murders of journalists and healthcare workers.
Keir Starmer objects to criticism of the IDF. He asks how could anyone obect to them starving people to death, forced marches like the Nazis did, bombing Gaza’s hospitals and universities,mass-murdering journalists, healthworkers and starving people queuing for food, killing and raping prisoners and murdering children. He calls for people to stop obstructing his genocide for Israel.