This work by Middle East Monitor is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.

Israel’s far-right National Security Minister Itamar Ben-Gvir attacked the International Criminal Court (ICC) on Monday and vowed to continue escalating measures against Palestinians, following reports that the court is considering issuing an international arrest warrant against him.
Earlier on Monday, British news website Middle East Eye reported that a request had been submitted to the ICC seeking a secret arrest warrant for Ben-Gvir and Israeli Finance Minister Bezalel Smotrich over alleged war crimes and crimes against humanity against Palestinians in the occupied West Bank.
The website did not identify the party that submitted the request. Neither the ICC nor the Israeli government had issued an official comment as of 20:00 GMT.
In a statement, Ben-Gvir said: “I am not afraid and I will not back down. No order from The Hague will stop me from continuing to lead an aggressive policy against terrorists.”
He claimed the court was “protecting terrorists and trying to restrict Israel”, adding: “I will continue to fully support Israeli fighters and act firmly for the security of our citizens. I will not apologise and I will not stop.”
Palestinian and international rights groups have increasingly called for an arrest warrant against Ben-Gvir over what they describe as repeated incitement against Palestinian prisoners, including his backing of a Knesset law seeking the execution of prisoners.
READ: Bennett and Eisenkot hold talks amid efforts to unseat Netanyahu government
This work by Middle East Monitor is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.

- US lawmakers press CENTCOM chief on deadly Iran school strike
- Trump says he was hour from resuming Iran strikes before postponing offensive Monday
- Israel targets farmers with phosphorus shells in southern Lebanon
- UK foreign secretary warns world is ‘sleepwalking’ into food crisis over Strait of Hormuz
- Qatar backs US-Iran talks, calls for reopening of Hormuz Strait
- Palestinian Forum honours ‘Nakba witnesses’ in Britain, supported by Corbyn
- Israeli police bar foreign journalists critical of Israel: Report
- US says 88 commercial vessels redirected from transiting Strait of Hormuz
- Syrian soldier killed, others injured in car bombing in Damascus
- Global Sumud Flotilla says Israeli army vessels attacking Gaza aid fleet 2nd time
- Israeli army records sharp rise in sexual assault complaints in 2025: Report
- Iranian army warns of opening ‘new fronts’ if attacked again
- Israeli finance minister says ICC arrest warrant issued for him
- Dishonouring Palestinian memory of the Nakba at the UN
- How does the petrodollar finance and encourage the US’s bullying?
- Amnesty International condemns Israel’s move to block Gaza aid flotilla as “shameful and inhumane”
- Reports say RSF commander Abu Lulu returned to battlefield after release, group denies claim
- Beijing does not obey the empire, Tehran resists
- Israeli cabinet discusses possible resumption of Iran war for second time in 24 hours
- Podcast by Jasim Al-Azzawi with Jamil K. Mroue: Netanyahu’s Pipe Dream of Disarming Hezbollah
- Iraq says April oil revenues exceeded $1 billion
- Ben-Gvir criticises ICC and vows further escalation
- Iran warns of swift response after Trump says he halted planned attack
- Poll shows majority of Americans oppose aid to Israel
- UN urges Israel to prevent acts of genocide in Gaza and condemns signs of ethnic cleansing
- Israel’s ruling coalition submits bill to dissolve Knesset
- Bennett and Eisenkot hold talks amid efforts to unseat Netanyahu government
- Iran’s Revolutionary Guard says it foiled alleged plot to transfer US weapons to armed groups
- Report: Croatian president refuses to approve new Israeli ambassador
- Spain summons Israeli envoy over Gaza flotilla interception, calls it ‘new violation of int’ law’
- 2 Palestinians killed, 4 injured from Israeli fire in Gaza despite ceasefire
- Italy hit by mass strike over rearmament and in solidarity with Gaza
- Irish president’s sister among Gaza flotilla activists detained by Israel: Reports
- UAE paid $6m to reputation firm tied to Epstein whitewashing to bury damaging report on ambassador
- Ongoing Return: Mapping Memory and Story Telling in Palestine
- The UAE’s Fujairah bet: Export flexibility, energy security, and regional leverage
- Israeli court postpones Netanyahu corruption hearing for ‘security’ reasons
- Why the US–China Summit may decide the Middle East’s next war
- US bases in Germany allegedly used for large-scale arms shipments to Israel
- After the war on Iran, the Transatlantic alliance rift grows wider
- ‘Build and keep a wall’: Pro-Israel donors openly target Massie as warning to Israel critics
- Maariv: Hezbollah drone attacks raise concerns in Israeli army
- Israeli strike kills Islamic Jihad commander in eastern Lebanon
- ICC denies issuing new arrest warrants against Israeli officials
- Egyptian forces in the UAE: Gains and losses
- On the Anniversary of the Nakba: Calls to End the War on Gaza and Suspend the Partnership with Israel
- Former Iraqi defence adviser says Israeli activity in Iraq carried out under US cover
- Hamas condemns Israeli move against UNRWA compound in Jerusalem
- Bahrain sentences man to life imprisonment over alleged ties to Iran’s Revolutionary Guard and Hezbollah
- Israel economy shrinks 3.3% due to war with Iran

