Yemen’s Houthis claim ballistic missile attack on Saudi oil tanker

Spread the love

This work by Middle East Monitor is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License

Yemen’s Houthi group shows the firing of the so-called surface-to-surface ‘hypersonic ballistic missile’ at an unrevealed site in Yemen on September 16, 2024 [Houthi Media Center via Getty Images]

Yemen’s Houthi group claimed Tuesday that it targeted the Saudi oil tanker NCC GHAZAL with ballistic missiles, forcing the vessel to turn back, Anadolu reports.

Houthi military spokesman Yahya Saree said in a statement on US social media platform X that the tanker had violated what the group describes as its maritime ban on Saudi-linked shipping.

He claimed the vessel ignored repeated warnings before being targeted with multiple ballistic missiles, without identifying where the attack took place.

According to Saree, the attack forced the tanker to reverse course and return in the direction from which it had come.

READ: Yemen’s Houthis announce deaths of 9 fighters amid escalating clashes with gov’t forces

The claim could not be independently verified, and there was no immediate comment from Saudi authorities or the vessel’s operator.

The Houthis announced on July 20 what they called a maritime navigation ban on Saudi Arabia, claiming it was in response to what they describe as a Saudi blockade on areas under their control in Yemen.

Last week, the group also claimed to have targeted two Saudi oil tankers in the Red Sea with ballistic missiles and drones, alleging the attacks caused fires aboard the vessels. Saudi authorities have vowed to take necessary measures to protect their vessels.

READ: Saudi Arabia calls on Iraq to prevent its territory from being used for attacks

This work by Middle East Monitor is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License

Keir Starmer explains that UK is actively supporting Israel's genocidal expansion and repeats his previous quotation that he supports Zionism "without qualification". Keir Starmer said “I said it loud and clear – and meant it – that I support Zionism without qualification.” here: https://www.jewishnews.co.uk/keir-starmer-interview-i-will-work-to-eradicate-antisemitism-from-day-one/. New UK Prime Minister Andy Burnham is pursuing the same policy of active support of and denial of genocide by Israel.
Keir Starmer explains that UK is actively supporting Israel’s genocidal expansion and repeats his previous quotation that he supports Zionism “without qualification”. Keir Starmer said “I said it loud and clear – and meant it – that I support Zionism without qualification.” here: https://www.jewishnews.co.uk/keir-starmer-interview-i-will-work-to-eradicate-antisemitism-from-day-one/. New UK Prime Minister Andy Burnham is pursuing the same policy of active support of and denial of genocide by Israel.
Experiencing issues with this image not appearing. I suspect because it's so critical of Zionist Keir Starmer's support of and complicity in Israel's genocides.
Genocide denier and Current UK Prime Minister Keir Starmer is quoted that he supports Zionism without qualification. He also confirms that UK air force support has been essential in Israel’s mass-murdering genocide. Includes URLs https://www.declassifieduk.org/keir-starmers-100-spy-flights-over-gaza-in-support-of-israel/ and https://youtu.be/O74hZCKKdpA
Vote Labour for Genocide.
Vote Labour for Genocide.

Leave a Reply