This work by Middle East Monitor is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.

An adviser to Iran’s Supreme Leader for military affairs said US President Donald Trump sets a date for an attack and then cancels it himself “in the hope that our nation will surrender”.
According to Iranian media reports, the adviser added that “the iron fist of our armed forces and our nation will force them to retreat and surrender”.
Meanwhile, the commander of Iran’s Khatam al-Anbiya headquarters said: “Our forces are fully prepared and will respond quickly and firmly to any new aggression by the enemies.”
Earlier on Monday, Trump said he had ordered a halt to a military strike on Iran that had been scheduled for Tuesday.
Trump said he had instructed the military to remain ready to launch a comprehensive and large-scale attack on Iran at any moment if no acceptable agreement is reached.
He also said that Qatar, Saudi Arabia and the United Arab Emirates had asked him to postpone the planned military attack on Iran because “serious negotiations” were under way, with a chance of reaching a deal that would be “very acceptable” to the United States.
READ: Iran’s Revolutionary Guard says it foiled alleged plot to transfer US weapons to armed groups
This work by Middle East Monitor is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.

- US lawmakers press CENTCOM chief on deadly Iran school strike
- Trump says he was hour from resuming Iran strikes before postponing offensive Monday
- Israel targets farmers with phosphorus shells in southern Lebanon
- UK foreign secretary warns world is ‘sleepwalking’ into food crisis over Strait of Hormuz
- Qatar backs US-Iran talks, calls for reopening of Hormuz Strait
- Palestinian Forum honours ‘Nakba witnesses’ in Britain, supported by Corbyn
- Israeli police bar foreign journalists critical of Israel: Report
- US says 88 commercial vessels redirected from transiting Strait of Hormuz
- Syrian soldier killed, others injured in car bombing in Damascus
- Global Sumud Flotilla says Israeli army vessels attacking Gaza aid fleet 2nd time
- Israeli army records sharp rise in sexual assault complaints in 2025: Report
- Iranian army warns of opening ‘new fronts’ if attacked again
- Israeli finance minister says ICC arrest warrant issued for him
- Dishonouring Palestinian memory of the Nakba at the UN
- How does the petrodollar finance and encourage the US’s bullying?
- Amnesty International condemns Israel’s move to block Gaza aid flotilla as “shameful and inhumane”
- Reports say RSF commander Abu Lulu returned to battlefield after release, group denies claim
- Beijing does not obey the empire, Tehran resists
- Israeli cabinet discusses possible resumption of Iran war for second time in 24 hours
- Podcast by Jasim Al-Azzawi with Jamil K. Mroue: Netanyahu’s Pipe Dream of Disarming Hezbollah
- Iraq says April oil revenues exceeded $1 billion
- Ben-Gvir criticises ICC and vows further escalation
- Iran warns of swift response after Trump says he halted planned attack
- Poll shows majority of Americans oppose aid to Israel
- UN urges Israel to prevent acts of genocide in Gaza and condemns signs of ethnic cleansing
- Israel’s ruling coalition submits bill to dissolve Knesset
- Bennett and Eisenkot hold talks amid efforts to unseat Netanyahu government
- Iran’s Revolutionary Guard says it foiled alleged plot to transfer US weapons to armed groups
- Report: Croatian president refuses to approve new Israeli ambassador
- Spain summons Israeli envoy over Gaza flotilla interception, calls it ‘new violation of int’ law’
- 2 Palestinians killed, 4 injured from Israeli fire in Gaza despite ceasefire
- Italy hit by mass strike over rearmament and in solidarity with Gaza
- Irish president’s sister among Gaza flotilla activists detained by Israel: Reports
- UAE paid $6m to reputation firm tied to Epstein whitewashing to bury damaging report on ambassador
- Ongoing Return: Mapping Memory and Story Telling in Palestine
- The UAE’s Fujairah bet: Export flexibility, energy security, and regional leverage
- Israeli court postpones Netanyahu corruption hearing for ‘security’ reasons
- Why the US–China Summit may decide the Middle East’s next war
- US bases in Germany allegedly used for large-scale arms shipments to Israel
- After the war on Iran, the Transatlantic alliance rift grows wider
- ‘Build and keep a wall’: Pro-Israel donors openly target Massie as warning to Israel critics
- Maariv: Hezbollah drone attacks raise concerns in Israeli army
- Israeli strike kills Islamic Jihad commander in eastern Lebanon
- ICC denies issuing new arrest warrants against Israeli officials
- Egyptian forces in the UAE: Gains and losses
- On the Anniversary of the Nakba: Calls to End the War on Gaza and Suspend the Partnership with Israel
- Former Iraqi defence adviser says Israeli activity in Iraq carried out under US cover
- Hamas condemns Israeli move against UNRWA compound in Jerusalem
- Bahrain sentences man to life imprisonment over alleged ties to Iran’s Revolutionary Guard and Hezbollah
- Israel economy shrinks 3.3% due to war with Iran

