Israeli Security Cabinet Approves Plan for ‘Mass Ethnic Cleansing’ of Gaza

Spread the love

Original article by Brett Wilkins republished from Common Dreams under Creative Commons (CC BY-NC-ND 3.0). 

Palestinians forcibly displaced by israel’s assault on Gaza walk amid the rubble of the Jabalia refugee camp on January 19, 2025. (Photo: Omar Al-Qataa/AFP via Getty Images)

“There is nothing ‘voluntary’ about the program,” said one critic. “The population of Gaza is to be forced out of their ancestral homeland through deliberate mass starvation and mass killings.”

Israel’s Security Cabinet on Sunday approved the creation of new Defense Ministry directorate tasked with ethnically cleansing Palestinians from the Gaza Strip under the guise of “voluntary emigration.”

Israeli Defense Minister Israel Katz euphemistically called the new agency the “Voluntary Emigration Bureau for Gaza residents interested in relocating to third countries” and claimed it will operate in accordance with international law.

However, given Israel’s incessant flouting of international law—Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu is a fugitive from the International Criminal Court (ICC) and the International Court of Justice is hearing a genocide case against the country—critics excoriated Katz’s claim.

“In reality, there is nothing ‘voluntary’ about the program the Netanyahu government is implementing,” wroteWorld Socialist Web Site editor Andre Damon. “The population of Gaza is to be forced out of their ancestral homeland through deliberate mass starvation and mass killings by the Israel Defense Forces (IDF).”

The Israeli cabinet has approved the establishment of an “administration for the voluntary transition of Gaza’s residents to third countries” – aka for mass ethnic cleansing

Hanno Hauenstein (@hahauenstein.bsky.social) 2025-03-23T09:55:48.905Z

Katz also said the new directorate would be run “in accordance with the vision of U.S President Donald Trump,” who last month said that the United States would “take over” Gaza after emptying the strip of its approximately 2.1 million Palestinians and transform the coastal enclave into the “Riviera of the Middle East.”

After doubling down on his proposal, Trump then attempted to gaslight the world by directly contradicting his previous remarks when he said earlier this month that “nobody is expelling any Palestinians” from Gaza. By then, Israeli Finance Minister Bezalel Smotrich had declared that the so-called Trump Plan was “taking shape” in coordination with the U.S. administration.

However, leaders of Egypt and Jordan, where Trump has proposed sending Gazans, vehemently oppose the plan. A counterproposal issued by Egypt and other Arab nations—which involves rebuilding Gaza without forcibly displacing its residents—has the support of the 57-member Organization of Islamic Cooperation and nations including China, Germany, the United Kingdom, France, and Italy.

The reconquest of Gaza is a longtime goal of Israel’s far-right, which, since the Hamas-led attack of October 7, 2023 and subsequent obliteration of the strip, has moved to put its recolonization plans into action.

Israeli Col: Hamas is not the issue Gaza's people are'The population of Gaza are barbaric riffraff….the only solution is Trump's vision,' national security expert and colonel in the Israeli army's reserve force Gabi Siboni called for the ethnic cleansing of Gaza during a panel programme.

Middle East Monitor (@middleeastmonitor.bsky.social) 2025-03-24T15:31:22.293Z

“October 7 changed history. As a result of the brutal massacre, the Gazan Arabs have lost their rights to be here forever, they’ll not stay here,” Daniella Weiss, co-founder of the extremist settler movement Nachala, said during an October 2024 conference on the ethnic cleansing of Gaza attended by Smotrich and numerous other Israeli lawmakers.

“Each of you will witness how Jews go to Gaza and Arabs will disappear from Gaza,” Weiss added.

The modern state of Israel was founded largely through the ethnic cleansing of more than 750,000 Palestinians, sometimes accomplished via massacres and death marches. The majority of Gaza’s population today are survivors and descendants of Palestinians forced from their homeland to make way for Jewish immigrants in the post-World War II era.

Palestinians call the mass forced displacement of 1948 the Nakba, or catastrophe, and far-right Israelis today threaten to carry out a new Nakba to “finish the job,” as Smotrich and others have said.

Critics including Israeli troops have claimed that the IDF is carrying out the so-called “General’s Plan,” a blueprint for the starvation and ethnic cleansing of Palestinians from northern Gaza. Since October 2023, Israel has enforced what former Israeli Defense Minister Yoav Gallant—who is also wanted by the ICC for alleged war crimes and crimes against humanity—called a “complete siege” of Gaza, a blockade which has exacerbated deadly starvation and illness in the strip.

On Sunday, the Gaza Health Ministry said the death toll from Israel’s 535-day assault on Gaza surpassed 50,000 Palestinians, the majority of whom are women and children. This, as Israeli forces have renewed their ferocious bombardment and invasion of the strip, killing hundreds of Palestinians including nearly 200 children, and wiping out entire families.

The ministry said that more than 113,000 others have been wounded since October 2023, and at least 14,000 more Palestinians are missing and presumed dead and buried beneath the rubble of hundreds of thousands of bombed-out buildings.

However, experts—including the authors of two peer-reviewed articles in the prestigious British medical journal The Lancetsay the actual death toll is likely much higher.

Original article by Brett Wilkins republished from Common Dreams under Creative Commons (CC BY-NC-ND 3.0). 

Continue ReadingIsraeli Security Cabinet Approves Plan for ‘Mass Ethnic Cleansing’ of Gaza

Hamas, Ansar Allah launch attacks on Israel in retaliation for resumption of genocide in Gaza

Spread the love

Original article by Aseel Saleh republished from peoples dispatch under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 (CC BY-SA) license.

The spokesperson of the Yemeni Armed Forces, Brigadier General Yahya Saree giving a press conference.

The two resistance movements launched their attacks after Israeli warplanes killed hundreds of Palestinians in the span of a few days.

Yemen’s Ansar Allah announced on Thursday, March 19 that its armed forces targeted Ben Gurion Airport with a Palestine 2 hypersonic missile, affirming that the operation “successfully achieved its objective.”

On Friday, March 21, Ansar Allah announced that its forces carried out yet another strategic operation, targeting an Israeli military site south of the occupied city of Jaffa. The movement reaffirmed that its operations, alongside the blockade on Israeli navigation, would continue until Israel halts the aggression against Gaza and lifts the siege on the war-torn enclave. 

Meanwhile, the Al-Qassam Brigades, the military wing of Hamas, launched a barrage of rockets at Tel Aviv on Thursday, March 20, and the coastal city of Ashkelon on Friday, March 21. The rockets and missiles launched from Yemen and Gaza reportedly disrupted flights at Ben Gurion airport. 

In the early hours of Saturday, March 22, Ansar Allah announced the targeting of Ben Gurion Airport for the second time within 48 hours, as well as a number of warships affiliated with the US aircraft carrier USS Harry Truman.

Ansar Allah further warned all airlines that “the so-called Ben Gurion Airport has become unsafe for air traffic and will remain so until the aggression against Gaza stops and the blockade is lifted.”

Both Ansar Allah and Hamas confirmed in statements that their attacks on the cities occupied by Israel were carried out in retaliation for Israel’s renewed genocidal aggression on Gaza that has left over 700 people dead and more than 1000 injured since Tuesday, March 18. 

With the toll of the renewed aggression, the number of Palestinians killed by Israel in the Gaza strip since October 2023 has surpassed 49,617

Yemen’s attacks on Tel Aviv prove that Gaza is not alone: says Abu Obaida

The spokesperson of the Al-Qassam Brigades, Abu Obaida, issued a statement via his Telegram channel on Thursday, praising Ansar Allah for their continuous support to the people of Gaza. 

“We salute our loyal brothers in Yemen for their honorable stance and direct support for their brothers and sisters in Gaza, despite the heavy price they pay for their unwavering commitment to Al-Aqsa and Palestine,” Abu Obaida wrote.

“Today, Yemeni missiles intersected with those from Gaza in the skies over Tel Aviv, reaffirming that Gaza is not alone.” He added. 

Furthermore, Al-Qassam’s spokesperson urged the free people of the Arab and Islamic nations “to engage in the battle to defend Al-Aqsa and to continue their support for Gaza, to break the back of the criminal zionist enemy and force it to halt its aggression.”

Hamas reaffirms that ceasefire talks are underway 

Although Al-Qassam launched retaliatory attacks on Israel, Hamas reaffirmed on Thursday that it is still committed to the Gaza ceasefire agreement.  

“Talks are underway with mediators to stop the aggression against our people and pressure the (Israeli) occupation to adhere to the ceasefire agreement,” Hamas spokesman Abdul Latif al-Qanou said in a statement.

“We are working with mediators to permanently spare our people war and to ensure the occupation’s withdrawal from the Gaza Strip,” Al-Qanou added.

Original article by Aseel Saleh republished from peoples dispatch under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 (CC BY-SA) license.

Continue ReadingHamas, Ansar Allah launch attacks on Israel in retaliation for resumption of genocide in Gaza

Never Again—Not in Our Name

Spread the love

Original article by Steve Minkin republished from Common Dreams under Creative Commons (CC BY-NC-ND 3.0).

Injured Palestinians, including children and women, are brought to the Al-Aqsa Martyrs Hospital for treatment as Israel launches large-scale air strikes across the Gaza Strip, in Deir Al Balah, Gaza on March 18, 2025. (Photo: Ali Jadallah/Anadolu via Getty Images)

I was taught to believe L’chaim referred to the value of all human life. If so, for the toast to be more than an empty gesture we must recognize the plight of the Palestinians since the creation of the State of Israel.

The most important way to confront antisemitism and to respect the memory of the Holocaust is to speak the truth. We saw the truth of genocide in action when the Israelis killed more than 400 people and injured even more on a single night when they resumed bombing Gaza. These casualties joined the tens of thousands killed and those surviving without limbs, whose bodies and minds have been burned and broken, whose children have died or have been orphaned.

According to Sen. Chuck Schumer (D-N.Y.), in an interview with Lulu Garcia-Navarro in The New York Times, those charging Israel with genocide are antisemitic. “And it is vicious of the opponents to call this genocide. Criticize it? For sure. Say Israel went too far? For sure. And you know what it does? It increases antisemitism, because they’re making Israel and the Jewish people look like monsters, which they are not.”

As I write this, doctors in Gaza are tending to shrapnel wounds penetrating the bodies and brains of children fighting for their lives in the face of genocide.

How could anyone viewing the devastation and the children’s bodies wrapped in shrouds as the result of Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu’s most recent political games think of those responsible for this carnage are anything but monsters? Of course, those who committed atrocities on October 7 are monsters too. The Israel Defense Forces (IDF) are responsible for tens of thousands more deaths and by numerous estimates more than 100,000 casualties.

The latest wave of destruction and slaughter during the Muslim holy month of Ramadan was a particularly vicious way to end the cease-fire. Netanyahu and the Israeli leadership and large swaths of Israelis and Americans place as little value on Palestinian lives as the Nazis did regarding Jews. I’m not making false comparisons, but rather I am referring to what the philosopher Hannah Arendt called the Banality of Evil. The darkening of hearts that enabled the acceptance of the extermination of Jews during the Holocaust is at work in the commission of genocide in Gaza today.

“Hear o Israel the Lord our God the Lord is One” —the Shema is the most essential Jewish prayer. The 10 Commandments given by God are supposed to be the central ethical and moral tenants of Jewish life. How then can Jews massacre Palestinians when the commandment says, “Thou shall not murder?”

Consider the future of young Israelis in the military who are conditioned to see every Palestinian as an enemy whose life is worth pennies on the dollar. What will happen to those involved in war crimes and brutal injustices? Will their moral compasses ever reset? Will their hearts drown in tears or will they remain steadfast and pass on cruelty to the next generation?

Hold up a cup and say, L’chaim,”—the Jewish toast to life. I was taught to believe L’chaim referred to the value of all human life. If so, for the toast to be more than an empty gesture we must recognize the plight of the Palestinians since the creation of the State of Israel.

The toast, which has been said for more than 2,000 years, is meant to be a celebration of humanity. We affirm the joy of living while feeling the weight of history. L’chaim must be said with conviction and passion. We toast the lives of you who have survived; we pray that someday your children and grandchildren can live as friends with our own.

As I write this, doctors in Gaza are tending to shrapnel wounds penetrating the bodies and brains of children fighting for their lives in the face of genocide.

Never Again was said after the Holocaust—Not in Our Name is what Jews opposed to genocide are shouting today.

Original article by Steve Minkin republished from Common Dreams under Creative Commons (CC BY-NC-ND 3.0).

Experiencing issues with this image not appearing. I suspect because it's so critical of Zionist Keir Starmer's support of and complicity in Israel's genocides.
Genocide denier and Current UK Prime Minister Keir Starmer is quoted that he supports Zionism without qualification. He also confirms that UK air force support has been essential in Israel’s mass-murdering genocide. Includes URLs https://www.declassifieduk.org/keir-starmers-100-spy-flights-over-gaza-in-support-of-israel/ and https://youtu.be/O74hZCKKdpA
Continue ReadingNever Again—Not in Our Name

Video: Holocaust survivor Stephen Kapos cheered as arrives for police interview over anti-genocide protest

Spread the love

Experiencing issues with this image not appearing. I suspect because it's so critical of Zionist Keir Starmer's support of and complicity in Israel's genocides.
Genocide denier and Current UK Prime Minister Keir Starmer is quoted that he supports Zionism without qualification. He also confirms that UK air force support has been essential in Israel’s mass-murdering genocide. Includes URLs https://www.declassifieduk.org/keir-starmers-100-spy-flights-over-gaza-in-support-of-israel/ and https://youtu.be/O74hZCKKdpA
UK Foreign Minister David Lammy confirms that UK government and military are active participants in Israel’s genocides and that the F-35 parts that they suspended from supplying to Israel are instead simply diverted via the United States. He says see https://youtu.be/QILgUHrdWRE
UK Foreign Minister David Lammy confirms that UK government and military are active participants in Israel’s genocides and that the F-35 parts that they suspended from supplying to Israel are instead simply diverted via the United States. He says see https://youtu.be/QILgUHrdWRE
Continue ReadingVideo: Holocaust survivor Stephen Kapos cheered as arrives for police interview over anti-genocide protest