Palestinians struggle to get donated food at a community kitchen in Gaza City, northern Gaza Strip, July 14, 2025
JEREMY CORYBN is to host a “Gaza tribunal” to establish the full scale of British complicity in Israel’s genocide.
The tribunal, to be held over two days in September, will hear from witnesses and survivors, as well as a range of international law experts, lawyers and whistleblowers.
Mr Corbyn first made the call for an inquiry in a letter to Prime Minister Sir Keir Starmer in March.
He presented the Gaza (Independent Public Inquiry) Bill to Parliament on June 4, which passed its first reading.
But on July, during its second reading, the government objected to the Bill, blocking any further progress despite it gaining the support of more than 50 MPs and numerous organisations.
Mr Corbyn said: “Just like Iraq, government ministers are doing everything they can to hide the truth.
“Just like Iraq, they will not succeed. They cannot stop the inevitable: a full and independent inquiry.
“We will uncover the full scale of British complicity in genocide — and we will bring about justice for the people of Palestine.”
The Independent MP for Islington North’s tribunal announcement comes as more than 80 MPs and Lords demanded the government impose widespread sanctions on Israel today.
The 84 parliamentarians from nine parties have made the call over Israel’s repeated violations of international law.
They laid out their demands in a letter organised by MPs Richard Burgon and Imran Hussain, to Foreign Secretary David Lammy.
Keir Starmer objects to criticism of the IDF. He asks how could anyone obect to them starving people to death, forced marches like the Nazis did, bombing Gaza’s hospitals and universities,mass-murdering journalists, healthworkers and starving people queuing for food, killing and raping prisoners and murdering children. He calls for people to stop obstructing his genocide for Israel.Vote Labour for Genocide.UK Labour Party government ministers Keir Starmer, Angela Rayner and Rachel Reeves explain that they are partners complicit in Israel’s Gaza genocide. The UK has provided Israel with arms, military and air force support. They explain that they don’t do gas chambers but do do forced marches, starvation, destroy hospitals, mass-murders of journalists and healthcare workers.
Jennifer Vasquez Sura, a U.S. citizen and the wife of Kilmar Abrego Garcia, who was mistakenly deported to El Salvador, speaks to the media before she enters federal court on April 15, 2025 in Greenbelt, Maryland. (Photo: Tasos Katopodis/Getty Images)
“There will be no tolerance for gamesmanship or grandstanding,” the judge said. “Cancel vacations, cancel other appointments… I expect all hands on deck.”
As White House Press Secretary Karoline Leavitt on Tuesday had a “full-blown meltdown” after a reporter asked about the Maryland man wrongly deported to a prison in his native El Salvador, U.S. District Judge Paula Xinis launched an inquiry into the Trump administration’s refusal to seek the return of Kilmar Abrego Garcia to the United States.
The Trump administration has previously admitted in court that Abrego Garcia was mistakenly sent to the notorious Terrorism Confinement Center (CECOT)—despite an immigration judge’s 2019 order barring his deportation to El Salvador—due to an administrative error. Xinis ordered the administration to facilitate his release, a decision unanimously affirmed last week by the U.S. Supreme Court.
However, Abrego Garcia remained imprisoned as the U.S. Department of Justice (DOJ) argued in a Sunday filing that Xinis has “no authority” to compel the administration to bring him home, and as President Donald Trump on Monday welcomed Salvadoran President Nayib Bukele to the White House. Their meeting was followed by a Tuesday court hearing.
According to NBC News: “Attorneys for Abrego Garcia had asked that the administration be found in contempt of court over its inaction. The judge said she wants to review the evidence the administration submits, which is expected to include sworn depositions, before ruling on the matter.”
During the hearing, Drew Ensign of the DOJ told Xinis—who was appointed to the District of Maryland by former President Barack Obama—that if Abrego Garcia “appears at a port of entry or U.S. Embassy we will facilitate his return.”
Meanwhile, the judge called out the administration, saying: “What the record shows is that nothing has been done. Nothing. I asked for reports from individuals with direct knowledge, and I’ve gotten very little information of any value.”
“We’re going to move. There will be no tolerance for gamesmanship or grandstanding,” Xinis continued. “There are no business hours while we do this… Cancel vacations, cancel other appointments. I’m usually pretty good about things like that in my court, but not this time. So, I expect all hands on deck.”
NEW: Judge Xinis authorizes up to 15 interrogatories, 15 document requests, depositions from all govt declarants (Cerna, Katz, Kozak, and Mazzara) and up to two others to assess what the govt has done to "facilitate" Kilmar Abrego Garcia's release storage.courtlistener.com/recap/gov.us…
At the White House on Tuesday, a reporter asked Leavitt who is responsible for Abrego Garcia and where he is going to end up. The press secretary responded by sharing unfounded allegations that he is a “terrorist” and member of the gang MS-13, and said that “deporting him back to El Salvador was always going to be the end result.”
Leavitt also used Bukele’s framing from the Oval Office event, when he suggested that returning the Maryland resident would mean smuggling a terrorist into the country. In addition to Abrego Garcia, the Trump administration has sent 238 Venezuelan migrants to CECOT, and the president on Monday expressed interest in sending “homegrown” American prisoners there.
“This is what mass deportation looks like,” Vanessa Cárdenas, executive director of the advocacy group America’s Voice, said in a Tuesday statement. “The concept of stripping citizenship from U.S. citizens and sending them to El Salvador prisons without due process is the stuff of nightmares and undemocratic regimes, yet here we are.”
“It’s hard to overstate what the stakes are for our democracy and core American principles given what we’re seeing and what the administration is now floating as the next steps in their larger deportation agenda,” Cárdenas added. “And it’s time Americans of all political perspectives stand up and speak out in opposition.”
Some Democrats in Congress have blasted the Trump administration’s anti-immigrant agenda and are part of the battle to bring Abrego Garcia home—including U.S. Sen. Chris Van Hollen of Maryland, who is aiming to travel to El Salvador if the deported man is not swiftly returned to his state. Multiple Democratic members of the House of Representatives have signaled that they plan to join the trip.
Power-mad Neo-Fascist orange gasbag Donald Trump says Burn, Baby, Burn.Elon Musk urges you to be a Fascist like him, says that you can ignore facts and reality then.
Campaigners from Police Spies out of Lives speak to the media after the publication of first part of the report from the Undercover Policing Inquiry, at Blackfriars Settlement, south east London, June 29, 2023
MORE than 100 victims have threatened to walk away from the long-running “unfair” spycops inquiry.
A total of 92 individuals and 20 activist groups have signed an open letter alleging mistreatment by the probe which began in July 2015.
They have threatened to withhold giving evidence to the next stage of the inquiry covering abuses by the Metropolitan Police’s political undercover units between 1993 and 2014.
The non-state “core participants” called for “full disclosure and reasonable timetables” and that “witnesses must not be excluded as a result of insufficient time to prepare — we seek assurances our evidence will be heard.”
John McDonnell, Labour MP for Hayes and Harlington speaks at an anti-racism rally and march in central London organised by Stand Up To Racism and trade unions, March 16, 2024
MPs have joined disability activists calling for a public inquiry into deaths linked to the Department for Work and Pensions (DWP).
Former Labour shadow chancellor John McDonnell MP has tabled an early day motion urging the government to set up the probe.
It states: “That this House notes the shocking evidence published by John Pring in his recent book [on] the harm, too often leading to fatalities, inflicted on disabled people by the DWP since the introduction of the work capability assessment.”
It calls on the government to establish an independent public inquiry into the role played by ministers, civil servants and advisers and their culpability for the suffering identified in this research.
Labour’s Jon Trickett, Mary Kelly Foy and Ian Lavery; SDLP’s Claire Hanna; and DUP’s Jim Shannon have sponsored the motion. Labour MP Grahame Morris has also backed it.
This picture shows a general view of the Israeli Knesset (parliament) during a meeting, in Jerusalem on 30 June, 2022 [MENAHEM KAHANA/AFP via Getty Images]
The Israeli government coalition dropped a proposal in the Knesset yesterday to form a National Commission of Inquiry into the failures of 7 October, 2023. Fifty-one members of the parliament voted against the proposal, with 43 in favour, said Israel Hayom.
Officials in Tel Aviv believe that what happened on 7 October — the Hamas-led cross-border incursion which led to the killing of 1,200 Israelis, many at the hands of the Israel Defence Forces — to be the biggest intelligence and military failure in the occupation state’s history, damaging the image of Israel and its army.
Some of the hostages taken by Hamas on 7 October are still being held in Gaza, and are at the centre of on/off negotiations for a ceasefire in the genocide launched by Israel since that date. At least 45,000 Palestinians have been killed, mainly women and children, and a further 106,000 have been wounded. An estimated 11,000 are missing, presumed dead, under the rubble of their homes and other civilian infrastructure destroyed by Israel in what amount to war crimes and crimes against humanity.
Hamas said at the time that it had attacked military bases and settlements adjacent to Gaza in response to “the daily crimes committed by the Israeli occupation against the Palestinian people and their sanctities, especially Al-Aqsa Mosque.”