Funeral held for three journalists killed by Israeli strike in Lebanon

Spread the love

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2026/mar/28/lebanon-condemns-blatant-war-crime-israel-kills-three-journalists

Mourners carry the body of one of the journalists killed in the Israeli strike in south Lebanon during their funeral. Photograph: Ibrahim Amro/AFP/Getty Images

Lebanese government calls the killings a ‘blatant war crime’ while Israel says primary target was a Hezbollah ‘terrorist’

A funeral has taken place in Lebanon for three journalists killed by an Israeli strike on Saturday, after the Lebanese government called the killings a “blatant war crime”.

Ali Shoeib, of the Hezbollah-owned al-Manar television station, and Fatima Ftouni and her brother and cameraman Mohammed Ftouni, of the pro-Hezbollah outlet al-Mayadeen, were killed in the strike targeting their car.

Israel claimed the attack shortly afterwards, saying the target was Shoeib, whom it accused of being a Hezbollah “terrorist” in an intelligence unit who had reported on the locations of Israeli soldiers in southern Lebanon. The Israeli military provided no further evidence to support the claim and made no comment on the deaths of the other journalists.

Hundreds of people attended the funeral, where the bodies of Shoeib and Fatima Ftouni were draped in their channels’ logos and with bouquets of flowers.

Shoeib was a well-known war correspondent in Lebanon, where he reported for al-Manar for nearly three decades. His death was met with a wave of condolences from audiences and journalists in Lebanon, many of whom said he was considered a mentor figure in Lebanese journalism.

Fatima Ftouni had also been reporting from the frontlines of the Israel-Hezbollah war in recent days, filming in front of battles in the town of Taybeh, south Lebanon. Her own family had been killed in Israeli strikes weeks earlier.

Eighteen months earlier, she and her colleagues were struck by an Israeli bomb while they were sleeping in a hotel in south Lebanon. Ftouni survived but two of her colleagues did not. Commenting on the deaths of her colleagues at the time, Ftouni said: “It is the silence of the international community that let this happen.”

Original article: Funeral held for three journalists killed by Israeli strike in Lebanon

Donald Trump calls for help from NATO allies in securing the Straight of Hormuz despite saying on 7 March 2026 that they don't need people to join wars after they've already won. He's challenged with the claim that he lies as much as the IDF.
Donald Trump calls for help from NATO allies in securing the Straight of Hormuz despite saying on 7 March 2026 that they don’t need people to join wars after they’ve already won. He’s challenged with the claim that he lies as much as the IDF.
Keir Starmer explains that UK is actively supporting Israel's genocidal expansion and repeats his previous quotation that he supports Zionism "without qualification". Keir Starmer said “I said it loud and clear – and meant it – that I support Zionism without qualification.” here: https://www.jewishnews.co.uk/keir-starmer-interview-i-will-work-to-eradicate-antisemitism-from-day-one/
Keir Starmer explains that UK is actively supporting Israel’s genocidal expansion and repeats his previous quotation that he supports Zionism “without qualification”. Keir Starmer said “I said it loud and clear – and meant it – that I support Zionism without qualification.” here: https://www.jewishnews.co.uk/keir-starmer-interview-i-will-work-to-eradicate-antisemitism-from-day-one/

Continue ReadingFuneral held for three journalists killed by Israeli strike in Lebanon

Some Sunday thoughts

Spread the love
Orcas discuss rotting brain. Front Orca says "Wish someone would lock him up".
Orcas discuss rotting brain. Front Orca says “Wish someone would lock him up”.

When Rotting Brain comes for you, you’re inconsistent not as a strategy but because your brain has rotted away. You can’t remember what you had for lunch. You’re vulnerable to manipulation of course and I would be concerned about such manipulation being illegal, unlawful. Even done by relatives, such manipulation can’t be legal can it?

Keir Starmer explains that UK is participating defensively in Trump and Israel's criminal war for Israel's genocidal expansion in Iran and states that he supports Zionism "without qualification".
Keir Starmer explains that UK is participating defensively in Trump and Israel’s criminal war for Israel’s genocidal expansion in Iran and states that he supports Zionism “without qualification”. Starmer said it here:  https://www.jewishnews.co.uk/keir-starmer-interview-i-will-work-to-eradicate-antisemitism-from-day-one/

And then there’s Starmer. By supporting Trump, isn’t he also supporting Trump’s Fascism at home and abroad? Covering-up – participation and complicity really – Fascist murders in the States, human rights abuses, mass-murders on the sea, amassing wealth in secret, hidden, obscure accounts, Fascist genocide for Israel – there’s no doubt that Starmer fully supports that at least. Ed: plutocracy, the filthy rich … Starmer is supporting it all.

Later Ed: Climate? While we need action urgently Trump, Farage and other right-wing denialists are doing the opposite. By supporting Trump, isn’t Starmer also supporting climate crime? In many ways, it’s the ultimate genocide through destroying the climate, the planet, everything.

Starmer, Mahmood and the UK Labour Party are doing their own version of neo-Fascism of course relentlessly prosecuting protesters and the latest one arresting someone for being polite while Iranian.

5.15pm

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/articles/c80mej47xz0o

An Iranian man has been arrested with a woman after trying to enter the Faslane naval base, home to the UK’s nuclear-armed submarines.

Police Scotland said a 34-year-old man and 31-year-old woman were arrested at HM Naval Base Clyde at about 17:00 on Thursday.

The woman’s nationality is unknown, but it is understood she is not Iranian.

The Royal Navy said the suspects “unsuccessfully attempted” to enter the base, near Helensburgh in Argyll and Bute.

A spokesperson added: “As the matter is subject to an ongoing investigation, we will not comment further.”

It is understood that the pair did not try to force their way into the base.

They asked if they could enter but were refused permission and were arrested shortly afterwards. Police Scotland said its inquiries were ongoing.

The woman is reported to be Romanian in later news reports. So there you are, an Iranian man asks to enter the base, was refused and they were arrested. Iranian man arrested for being polite. Such nonsense. I wonder if it happened at all or is just total war BS like what comes out of Trump, Netanyahu and Starmer’s holes.

Continue ReadingSome Sunday thoughts

Trump: War with Iran is ‘very complete’, says he has someone in mind to replace Mojtaba Khamenei

Spread the love

This work by Middle East Monitor is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License

U.S. President Donald Trump gives a speech in Washington, United States, on March 02, 2026. [Kyle Mazza – Anadolu Agency]

US President Donald Trump said the war with Iran is “very complete”, claiming that the country’s naval, air and communications capabilities have been destroyed, and revealing that he has someone in mind to replace the new Supreme Leader Mojtaba Khamenei if he is assassinated.

Speaking in remarks reported by US media, Trump said: “I think the war is very complete, pretty much. They have no navy, no communications, no air force.”

He added that he has “somebody in mind to replace Mojtaba Khamenei”, but did not reveal the person’s identity.

Separately, Western media reported that Trump had told his advisers he would be ready to support the assassination of the new Iranian Supreme Leader if he refuses to meet US demands.

According to The Wall Street Journal, citing US officials on Monday, Trump told aides he would back the killing of Khamenei if he declined to comply with American demands, including ending Iran’s nuclear programme.

However, the newspaper said that Israel — not the United States — would be expected to carry out any direct assassination of the Iranian leader.

READ: Iran’s Assembly of Experts selects Mojtaba Khamenei as new Supreme Leader

This work by Middle East Monitor is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License

Keir Starmer explains that UK is participating defensively in Trump and Israel's criminal war for Israel's genocidal expansion in Iran and states that he supports Zionism "without qualification".
Keir Starmer explains that UK is participating defensively in Trump and Israel’s criminal war for Israel’s genocidal expansion in Iran and states that he supports Zionism “without qualification”.
Orcas discuss rotting brain. Front Orca says "Wish someone would lock him up".
Orcas discuss rotting brain. Front Orca says “Wish someone would lock him up”.
Donald Trump warns against following the https://onaquietday.org blog, says that it's easy atm, she only needs to report war crimes supporting Israel's genocidal expansion.
Donald Trump warns against following the https://onaquietday.org blog, says that it’s easy atm, she only needs to report war crimes supporting Israel’s genocidal expansion.

Continue ReadingTrump: War with Iran is ‘very complete’, says he has someone in mind to replace Mojtaba Khamenei

Minab school bombing: what evidence is there that the US was responsible?

Spread the love

https://www.theguardian.com/global-development/2026/mar/10/iran-minab-school-bombing-shajareh-tayyebeh-primary-what-evidence-us-responsible

Rescue workers and residents search through the rubble in the aftermath of the strike on Shajareh Tayyebeh primary school. Photograph: AP

Trump has blamed Iran for the mass killing at Shajareh Tayyebeh primary school but geolocation, videos and satellite imagery indicate otherwise

The bombing of a primary school in Minab on 28 February killed scores of people, most of them seven- to 12-year-old girls. The strike is the worst mass killing of the US and Israel’s war on Iran so far – and has been described by Unesco as a “grave violation” of international law.

On Saturday, the US president, Donald Trump, declared that Iran was responsible for the school bombing. “In my opinion, based on what I’ve seen, that was done by Iran … they’re very inaccurate, as you know, with their munitions. They have no accuracy whatsoever. It was done by Iran.”

The president presented no evidence for his claim. His assertion has not been repeated by spokespeople for the US military, who have said only that they are “investigating” the bombing.

But a growing body of evidence indicates that the strike on the Shajareh Tayyebeh primary school was carried out by the US. Here is what we know – and why it points to the US being responsible.

Original article continues at https://www.theguardian.com/global-development/2026/mar/10/iran-minab-school-bombing-shajareh-tayyebeh-primary-what-evidence-us-responsible

Donald Trump warns against following the https://onaquietday.org blog, says that it's easy atm, she only needs to report war crimes supporting Israel's genocidal expansion.
Donald Trump warns against following the https://onaquietday.org blog, says that it’s easy atm, she only needs to report war crimes supporting Israel’s genocidal expansion.
Orcas discuss rotting brain. Front Orca says "Wish someone would lock him up".
Orcas discuss rotting brain. Front Orca says “Wish someone would lock him up”.
Keir Starmer explains that UK is participating defensively in Trump and Israel's criminal war for Israel's genocidal expansion in Iran and states that he supports Zionism "without qualification".
Keir Starmer explains that UK is participating defensively in Trump and Israel’s criminal war for Israel’s genocidal expansion in Iran and states that he supports Zionism “without qualification”.

Continue ReadingMinab school bombing: what evidence is there that the US was responsible?